• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I had the price wrong, it was 649 and he said he ordered it. It seems awfully high to me. oh well, I told him to wait for the panic to settle down.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Probably still not bad. IIRC those Centuries were done by DC Industries for them. At least mine was, before it fell off the canoe and was swallowed by a Freshwater Tiger Shark that is. The Yugos have thicker RPK width receivers and are generally a beefier gun. Personally I prefer the Yugo to lighter AK's.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    The only caveat with these are the barrel durability. Depending on how much you shoot and what type of ammo you use can affect the barrel longevity.

A standard AK barrel uses a hammer-forged chrome lined barrel. The factory Yugo AK's used hammer forged barrels alone. These by Century are none of the above.

It is those reasons that keep me away from getting a Yugo even though I have Yugo surplus ammo that would work fine in it but Yugo 7.62x39 has for all intensive purposes dried up.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    deliberately purchasing a rifle for someone else is a straw purchase.

buying guns intending to turn around and resell them for a profit is considered being in the business of selling firearms per ATF. doing so without an FFL is, to say the least, rather "frowned upon".

BTW, it's "do tell". Not "due". And "than", not "then".

I only speak appropriate to the level of the individual to whom I'm speaking...so if it seems as though I'm addressing an ignorant individual, it's because their post has provided reason to believe thusly. :)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    deliberately purchasing a rifle for someone else is a straw purchase.

buying guns intending to turn around and resell them for a profit is considered being in the business of selling firearms per ATF. doing so without an FFL is, to say the least, rather "frowned upon".

BTW, it's "do tell". Not "due". And "than", not "then".

I only speak appropriate to the level of the individual to whom I'm speaking...so if it seems as though I'm addressing an ignorant individual, it's because their post has provided reason to believe thusly. :)

I guess it depends on how long you own them. A beautiful unfired Colt M16A1 from early 1970's on GB right now. Owner appears to be cashing out and if he did buy new as stated has made quite a windfall. Perfectly legal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322708587

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I guess it depends on how long you own them. A beautiful unfired Colt M16A1 from early 1970's on GB right now. Owner appears to be cashing out and if he did buy new as stated has made quite a windfall. Perfectly legal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322708587

He probably didn't run around the internet posting about his intent to purchase guns for the sole purpose of reselling for profit.

Buying for your collection, then liquidating years down the line, is so far not even in the same area code as what Joseph is suggesting it's laughable.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    He probably didn't run around the internet posting about his intent to purchase guns for the sole purpose of reselling for profit.

Buying for your collection, then liquidating years down the line, is so far not even in the same area code as what Joseph is suggesting it's laughable.

I know. I just had to share that 'A1. Don't understand how anyone could own something so perfect without needing to take it out for a spin. It's like turning down sex with a beautiful woman.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's

You're welcome to roll the dice on how good a case an aggressive DA can put together regarding whether you knew ahead of time or not.

Either way, deliberately purchasing with the sole intent to resell for profit is still illegal without the appropriate FFL. The straw purchase is just something extra they can add on to make you look even worse in the papers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom