• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    My friend has an AK-47 and here is the issue

There is some type of pin on the trigger guard that must hold the trigger group it. It was loose and slipping out, in fact it isn't held in by anything at all. After it fell out the whole gun got messed up.

My question is are there any suggestions to hold this pin in place without doing anything fancy? Neither of us know much about the AK platform...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Attachments

• 433261.jpg
      433261.jpg
      1.6 KB · Views: 132

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    That is about 1,0000 times easier than the shepherds crook that is stock. I always hated the whole feed it under this pin but over that one. And then using your third hand pushing in the last pin... Worth the money.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    medic, the piece linked above is a replacement for what SHOULD be in the rifle to hold the trigger and hammer axis pins in place. it sounds like your friend's rifle doesn't have the part it's supposed to, which is why the pin backed out of the receiver. put the pin back through until it "clicks" into place, and then use the item linked above (it will come with instructions) to retain the pins now for all time.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    A retaining plate/shepherd's crook is what you need to hold the FCG axis pin in place. There's a groove on the large side of the pin, inside the receiver on the left, that the plate/bent spring interfaces with. There's probably already a shepherd's crook in there that was installed incorrectly. Push the pin back in and see if you can get the leg of the crook to snap in. If not, get the retaining plate suggested.... these are easier to install.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    My buddy wondered why he couldn't get his top handguards off so he brought it to me. Helps to remove the piston first...DOH

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    My friend has an AK-47 and here is the issue

There is some type of pin on the trigger guard that must hold the trigger group it. It was loose and slipping out, in fact it isn't held in by anything at all. After it fell out the whole gun got messed up.

My question is are there any suggestions to hold this pin in place without doing anything fancy? Neither of us know much about the AK platform...

Go to lowes and get 3 eclips. you'll find them in the drawers near the nuts and bolts. I cant remember if you need 3mm or 4mm, take the pin with you. they are more difficult than that plate pictured above to install, but alot easier than the shepherds crook (wire).

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Go to lowes and get 3 eclips. you'll find them in the drawers near the nuts and bolts. I cant remember if you need 3mm or 4mm, take the pin with you. they are more difficult than that plate pictured above to install, but alot easier than the shepherds crook (wire).

How do the eclips work? I'm not sure what this pin is but its near the trigger guard and when it falls out the gun becomes inoperable.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    How do the eclips work? I'm not sure what this pin is but its near the trigger guard and when it falls out the gun becomes inoperable.

the pins just hold the trigger parts in place. one pin holds the trigger in place the other holds the hammer in place...one side of the pin where the shepards crook goes has a groove where the E-clips can lock on and hold the pin in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom