• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    I recently purchased an AimPoint H1 2moa from a buddy for a crackhead price (hes having his first child and hes panicking, selling all his goodies). I love iron sights and never shoot over 100yds, what would be a better larue mount to use LT660 or LT751? rear sight is Magpul flip up, front is a standard "F" FSB on a 14.5" mid-lenth.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    That LT751 is pretty sweet. As for the LT660, I got a Daniel Defense mount for my H-1 that looks very similar for half the price. Daniel Defense is quality stuff too. If you don't want the lever mount, I would go with something cheaper. That said, I'd go with the lever mount.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Here's my Sig 556 SWAT with the Larure mid-height mount 660HK and an AimPoint; if its any help. This mount gives a lower half co-witness on the Sig. But the Sig sights are a bit higher than an AR's.
    255.jpg

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I recently purchased an AimPoint H1 2moa from a buddy for a crackhead price (hes having his first child and hes panicking, selling all his goodies). I love iron sights and never shoot over 100yds, what would be a better larue mount to use LT660 or LT751? rear sight is Magpul flip up, front is a standard "F" FSB on a 14.5" mid-lenth.

I have both the 660 and the 751, I liked the 751 on my SCAR since it had a higher height over bore for the top rail. I haven't noticed too much of a difference between the two on my ARs. I think if you're using a front sight post, you should go with the 660 to get a less cluttered sight picture, and if you have both front and rear flip-ups the 751 will do OK. Right now the 660 is ridint on my 14.5" with FSP, and the 751 is on my 8" as I'm trying to keep everything on that as compact as possible. Pictures below.

Attachments

• DSC_1124.JPG
      DSC_1124.JPG
      79.3 KB · Views: 579
    • DSC_1106.JPG
      DSC_1106.JPG
      59.2 KB · Views: 443
    • DSC_1134.JPG
      DSC_1134.JPG
      29.2 KB · Views: 577
    • DSC_1135.JPG
      DSC_1135.JPG
      33.7 KB · Views: 621

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The American Defense ADT1 mounts are very nice, less money, and won't damage your rail like the LaRue mounts can. With the way the LaRue locking lever grinds into the side of the rail, I've seen them do serious damage. Daniel Defense also has a very nice H1/T1 mount if you're not worried about quick release.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    i keep hearing the larues are nice but the down fall is the lever mount damage. so i may be looking into the other brands stated above. and thank you for the picture references.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    this is what i picked up from him.
    -aimpoint H1 Micro
    - (5) 20rnd PMags w/ranger pulls
    - (15) 20 rnd USGI MAGS w/ ranger pulls and followers
    - Magpul FG furniture kit with MVG
    - 1000rnd box of milsurp "Penetrator"
    - 2 Spikes uppers one stripped, one complete 16" MID
    - 2 Sikes enhanced LPK's
    I picked up all this for $900. i'll ask him for a list of other items he might want to part with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom