• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    AIM Surplus has stated that they will not sell C&R rated pistols to Maryland, as they must be on the handgun roaster board. Also I'm sure after Oct. 1st they'll double down on that clause. Lets please educate them politely that this is not the case now and in the future (post Oct. 1st), especially if you have a C&R license.

Email: sales@aimsurplus.com

EDIT: This is was for a new production M57, which is not C&R. Moderators can delete this post if they choose. My apologies.

Last edited:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I've already sent them an email about the topic, but we need more people to email them. Can we get definitive law citations to prove to them otherwise. Correct me if I'm wrong but C&R rated pistols are exempt from the handgun roaster board and the new Oct. 1st laws, just without any mags over 10 rounds.

Although out of stock, here's an example of a Zastava M57 7.62x25 Tokarev Pistol with the "Not for sale to CA, MA, & MD" clause.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1YM57

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I've already sent them an email about the topic, but we need more people to email them. Can we get definitive law citations to prove to them otherwise. Correct me if I'm wrong but C&R rated pistols are exempt from the handgun roaster board and the new Oct. 1st laws, just without any mags over 10 rounds.

Although out of stock, here's an example of a Zastava M57 7.62x25 Tokarev Pistol with the "Not for sale to CA, MA, & MD" clause.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1YM57

NOT C&R new model copy

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=29.03.03.02.htm

.02 Handgun Roster Board; Handgun Roster.

A. Pursuant to Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 4, Annotated Code of Maryland, there is a Handgun Roster Board within the Department of State Police. The office of the Handgun Roster Board is 1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, Maryland 21208.

B. Except as provided in §C of this regulation, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale any handgun that is not included on the Handgun Roster compiled by the Board. A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not on the Handgun Roster. Compliance with the provisions of this section is not required until January 1, 1990.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    There is not an exemption to the Handgun Roster requirement for C&R guns, as such, and it would be a mistake to press any such claim. Even though you are talking about a seller who is outside of Maryland, the ATF expects FFLs to respect state laws.

But the Handgun Roster requirement only applies to handguns that were manufactured after January 1, 1985. Handguns made after that date will become C&R eligible when they reach their 50th birthday, beginning on January 1, 2035, but until then, generally this should not be an issue.

It is true that, aside from the over-50-year-old handguns, there are a few handguns that become C&R eligible by being put on a special list by ATF, after a petition process, because they are determined to have special collector value. Many of these are special commemorative editions, engraved revolvers, and the like. So far, there are not very many on the list that were made after 1984, and I doubt that any of those are absent from the Roster.

Here's the law:

PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 4. HANDGUN ROSTER

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-406 (2012)

§ 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns

(a) Prohibitions. --

(1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.

(3) A person may not manufacture, sell, or offer for sale a handgun on which the manufacturer's identification mark or number is obliterated, removed, changed, or otherwise altered.

(b) Injunction authorized. -- The Secretary may seek an order from a circuit court to permanently or temporarily enjoin the willful and continuous manufacture, sale, or offer for sale, in violation of this section, of a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster.

(c) Penalties. --

(1) A person who manufactures a handgun for distribution or sale in violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 10,000 for each violation.

(2) A person who sells or offers to sell a handgun in violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 for each violation.

(3) For purposes of this subsection, each handgun manufactured, sold, or offered for sale in violation of this subsection is a separate violation.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    AIM Surplus has stated that they will not sell C&R rated pistols to Maryland, as they must be on the handgun roaster board. Also I'm sure after Oct. 1st they'll double down on that clause. Lets please educate them politely that this is not the case now and in the future (post Oct. 1st), especially if you have a C&R license.

Email: sales@aimsurplus.com

EDIT: This is was for a new production M57, which is not C&R. Moderators can delete this post if they choose. My apologies.

OH to late the MDS Men in Black will be out to your house soon to give you the MDS :spank: for your mistake.......so keep a look out :ninja:

:rofl: :poke:

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    The best defense is a good offense, and we have been playing defense too much lately. Maybe a way to put MD on its heels would be to use this weapon or something similar to challenge the handgun roster's legality. Good chance we could take the roster down, and as a bonus, it would drive the Bolsheviks that run MD crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom