• Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Range report:

-Great balls of fire:lol:
    -Well behaved piece, surprised by the soft recoil with such a fast round
    -Nice and accurate

I put 100 rounds of the Prvi Partizan through it, everything fed and ejected well, mags worked perfectly, but I did get three FTF after 60 rounds, all the same, pulled the trigger, hammer fell, no bang, gun in battery, could not pull back the slide to eject the round, so I recocked and pulled the trigger, and all three fired on the second try.

Wondering if the 1952 vintage gun just needs a little breaking in, or is it the ammo, or was it me being unfamiliar with a new gun, did I accidently touch the mag release, safety, or slide?

I am thinking most likely its a light strike/hard primer issue, I didnt think to examine the spent casings before I left, if I have the issue again I will inspect the spent casings.

I will probably go back on Labor day and run another 100 rounds through the Tok.

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I put 100 rounds of the Prvi Partizan through it, everything fed and ejected well, mags worked perfectly, but I did get three FTF after 60 rounds, all the same, pulled the trigger, hammer fell, no bang, gun in battery, could not pull back the slide to eject the round, so I recocked and pulled the trigger, and all three fired on the second try.
    [...]
    I am thinking most likely its a light strike/hard primer issue, I didnt think to examine the spent casings before I left, if I have the issue again I will inspect the spent casings.

For the most part, PPU ammo is about as good as anything else you're going to get, compared with other brands of ammo in types not specifically made for competition. The are not known for having particularly hard primers, either.

I'm thinking that a good cleaning is in order. You might have to get some new springs from Wolff, but I really think that some old grease may be keeping the firing pin from moving freely.

Jul 1, 2012
    My Romanian TTC had a bent firing pin, so it might not be a bad idea to take a closer look. It was just enough to bind slightly. There was a guy on evilBay that was selling new-man hardened pins for these if you need one.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I enjoyed shooting my AIM Polish and Romanian Toks at the range yesterday. Second time with the Polish Tok, first day out with the Romanian Tok. I ran a hundred rounds through each Tok with no malfunctions.

The guns are very handsome, the finish is close to perfect, looks unissued. The rounds are hot, make nice fireballs:), pretty darned accurate, and the recoil was remarkably light. I think I was raining down spent casings on the guys to my right, the Toks really throws them far.

Having four interchangeable mags at the range was nice too.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I enjoyed shooting my AIM Polish and Romanian Toks at the range yesterday. Second time with the Polish Tok, first day out with the Romanian Tok. I ran a hundred rounds through each Tok with no malfunctions.

The guns are very handsome, the finish is close to perfect, looks unissued. The rounds are hot, make nice fireballs:), pretty darned accurate, and the recoil was remarkably light. I think I was raining down spent casings on the guys to my right, the Toks really throws them far.

Having four interchangeable mags at the range was nice too.

They are a blast to shoot, for sure! The brass issue is a pain though, especially if you are trying to collect all of them to reload!

Now you need a Yugo if you don't have one already. Yes, it takes different mags and might not be as pretty as your Polish or Romanian, but mine feel so much better in my hand since the grip is longer due to the +1 capacity, and both of my Yugos are very accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom