• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Centerfire has Yugo $199.99 and $9.99 shipping
    Keep in mind the Yugo surplus X39 ammo is corrosive.
    Not that I have a problem shooting corrosive ammo but I try and avoid it in my semi-auto's.
    That's the ammo that caused so many of the Yugo M59/66 SKS rifles to have corroded gas valves.
    I have read hundreds of posts by people with cycling problems in those rifles because of that problem.
    Even generated the creation of a small company (CNC Warrior) that makes SS replacement gas valves for those rifles.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Tula

I have fired about 300 rds of 45 acp Tula ammo. This is one dirty ammo. Lots of smoke comes out like black powder. My pistol started having to ftf after 100 rds. You can really see the thick crud build up on the feed ramp. Not buying this ammo anymore.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Hey Chris have you shot brown bear Ammo? Im just wondering how this ammo compares? the brown bear is only 14 bucks more per case on ammotogo.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    I have never tried that flavor of Russian animal brand ammo but every post I read about it would rank it about average for Russian ammo.
    I had good luck with the Golden Tiger http://www.ammoconnection.com/gold_tiger762.html and Silver Bear.
    With Wolf black box I found it's a roll of the dice as far as FTF.
    They seem to have good batches and bad with less feed problems for FMJ than hollow points .
    Dave would you be interested in splitting a case ?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I have never tried that flavor of Russian animal brand ammo but every post I read about it would rank it about average for Russian ammo.
    I had good luck with the Golden Tiger http://www.ammoconnection.com/gold_tiger762.html and Silver Bear.
    With Wolf black box I found it's a roll of the dice as far as FTF.
    They seem to have good batches and bad with less feed problems for FMJ than hollow points .
    Dave would you be interested in splitting a case ?

Sure Chris, you want to split a case of the golden tiger? or other? Say the word and i can order today and split with you when it gets here, or Vice Versa but its easier for me to use credit than get my hands on cash at the moment. let me know man
    Edit. I just seen that they want info on age and stuff, so if you are already a customer of theirs its prob easier for me to kick you the cash after. either way is cool though.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    side note...what's the story with the laquer coated .223? i know the wolf works in my AR but the other stuff is cheaper

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    side note...what's the story with the laquer coated .223? i know the wolf works in my AR but the other stuff is cheaper

You talking about the brown bear? if so i have read on Ammunitiontogo that its actually a little cleaner than the wolf stuff

you can get it here for 112.25 for 500 (25boxes)
    http://www.ammoengine.com/find/store_frame/2460800?url=http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM232-5.html

this is what ammotogo has to say about it.

"This is .223 Brown Bear 62gr. hollow point ammo. This ammo is manufactured by JSC Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant in Russia. The Barnaul plant is considered the premier ammunition plant in Russia, and they supply the majority of the ammo to the Russian military. This ammo is 100% non-corrosive, steel cased, and new factory ammo. In my opinion, the Barnaul ammo is cleaner and more accurate than the Wolf ammo. We sell both brands and I have shot both brands and I prefer the Barnaul Brown Bear hands down.."

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Great prices, thanks for the post. Have you ever used the TULA ammo before? Think the brown bear is worth 20.00 more?

What I have read elsewhere and someone else agreed with was that Wolf and Brown Bear/ Silver Bear do not make ammo, but they are Russian resellers. They have companies like Tula make ammo for them.

Someone on SIGforum noted that their Tula ammo had Wolf headstamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom