• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Found these Sierra 150 grain SP's stashed away.

Pretty sure that I can't buy these at Duffy's today for $10.95;)

Attachments

• 30 caliber.jpg
      30 caliber.jpg
      75.7 KB · Views: 366

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That is a high price for primers. I may have some boxes around with prices under $10 per thousand.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    A few of my own laying around...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
      photo 1.JPG
      44 KB · Views: 378
    • photo 4.JPG
      photo 4.JPG
      45.1 KB · Views: 361
    • photo 3.JPG
      photo 3.JPG
      43.7 KB · Views: 364
    • photo 5.JPG
      photo 5.JPG
      60.9 KB · Views: 268

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    That is a high price for primers. I may have some boxes around with prices under $10 per thousand.

IF memory serves me..... I bought those at Accokeek Sports, here in whereinthehelliswaldorfmaryland, back in the late '80s/early '90s.

:shrug::shrug:

I have bought thousands of primers (Winchester - all sizes) for less than $9.00/thousand.
    The Federal primers are what still had the price tag on 'em.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You can't even get prices like these at gun shows anymore. Makes me wish I was born earlier, I would have stocked up

The takeaway from this is: guys born 10 years after you will be lamenting the same thing. Buy what you can afford, when it's a relative deal. No regrets. Can't turn back the clock but you can plan for the future.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Topps and Mountainside. Good Lord!

My first shotgun came from Topps!

Gotta figure out a way to slow down the clock. You know you're getting old when you RECOGNIZE these packages!

Nice Uncle Duke. Where were these places? This is ammo that my Dad left for me.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Back In The Day...

When I began reloading eons ago I happened on a dozen packs of these CCI 450 primers for 99 cents each. I had an urge to buy them.

What were they good for? Check the Lyman 47th reloading book. Many a SR mag primer has made my .223's go bang over the years.

;)

Attachments

• CCI Old Primer Package.JPG
      CCI Old Primer Package.JPG
      73.7 KB · Views: 292

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Nice Uncle Duke. Where were these places? This is ammo that my Dad left for me.

The Topps I grew up around as a kid was located in the area of Route 40 and Rolling Road outside of Catonsville over on the west side. My parents gave me my first shotgun for my birthday in 1968. It came from Topps.

Mountainside I remember from the early 1980's. It was a pretty good shop for reloading components amongst other things in its day. Mountainside was located tucked away in a little strip shopping center on Liberty Road not too far from Deer Park Road. It was one of those shops that you kinda had to know where it was because it wasn't too visible from the road it sat on. I used to bow hunt Liberty Reservoir pretty regularly and would pass it on the way to and from. Both stores are long gone now.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    The Topps I grew up around as a kid was located in the area of Route 40 and Rolling Road outside of Catonsville over on the west side. My parents gave me my first shotgun for my birthday in 1968. It came from Topps.

Mountainside I remember from the early 1980's. It was a pretty good shop for reloading components amongst other things in its day. Mountainside was located tucked away in a little strip shopping center on Liberty Road not too far from Deer Park Road. It was one of those shops that you kinda had to know where it was because it wasn't too visible from the road it sat on. I used to bow hunt Liberty Reservoir pretty regularly and would pass it on the way to and from. Both stores are long gone now.

They both make sense to me. I was born over off Liberty Road in the Lochearn area before moving to West Friendship. My Uncle (his hunting partner) was off Sudbrook Lane which was near Mountainside. I would imagine he bought that ammo back before 1972.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I had 2 old boxes of .257 weatherby mag ammo that were marked $12, they go for $60-70 now! I had them for years until I finally found someone that i could give them to

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I remember buying 22 LR for 50 CENTS for a 50 round box. 22 shorts were 35 cents a box/50. A cardboard tube of bb's were 10 cents.

Went to the movies for a quarter...brought the buttered popcorn from home. And the soda machine dispensed 8 ounces of soda for the obscene price of 10 cents. We didn't get that soda often.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You can't even get prices like these at gun shows anymore. Makes me wish I was born earlier, I would have stocked up

Stock up now because by the time you are these guys' age today's prices will look cheap. It is all relative. Gas used to be 25 cents a gallon. When I first started driving in 1987, gas was 89 cents a gallon. Boy, sure wish I had bought a couple million gallons of that stuff back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom