• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    The AGC will be re opening once King Hogan allows golf courses to resume business (part of his Phase 1 plan). While we have no idea when that will be, he did say it would be in the beginning of May, so we want to be ready if it is in fact this week or next. That said, we are going to go ahead open Registrations for the following

3 Gun Match - Sunday May 10th
    https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-sunday-may-10-2020/register

IDPA Match - Saturday May 16th
    https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-april-18th/register

We will make a final determination 48 hours prior to each match. If you register, then please keep an eye out for email notifications on the status of these matches.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ever the optimist, signed up for the 5/10 three gun, which would also be my first ever such chance to humiliate myself in that exciting new way. Lacking stage details for now, just assume a couple hundred each of 5.56 in non-ferrous FMJ, same pistol food I’d shoot at a Steel Challenge, and a pile of 12ga slugs and 7-1/2 birdshot?

And yeah, I’ll bring camera/drone hardware to sneak in a few glamour shots. If it happens! I’m looking at you, guvnah.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ever the optimist, signed up for the 5/10 three gun, which would also be my first ever such chance to humiliate myself in that exciting new way. Lacking stage details for now, just assume a couple hundred each of 5.56 in non-ferrous FMJ, same pistol food I’d shoot at a Steel Challenge, and a pile of 12ga slugs and 7-1/2 birdshot?

And yeah, I’ll bring camera/drone hardware to sneak in a few glamour shots. If it happens! I’m looking at you, guvnah.

I am actually quite the pessimist, but what bitch it would be if he announces phase one on Thursday and we aren't ready.

This will be our first 5 stage event, including one on the 200 yard range. That stage will be rifle only, and probably nor more than 25 rounds. Then there will be a Shotgun only stage of 25 rounds. The other three stages will be all three guns, so figure no more than 15 each on those stages.

Round counts would not be anymore than 100 of each, but actually much close to 75 of each round. We normally limit it to 2-4 slugs.

Again, final round counts will be emailed out in advance if in fact we are able to have the match.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks, Mike. I realize it’s an unlikely thing, but might as well plan on combining being months worth of no-shooting-rusty with no place to check myself at 200 yards, and probably having to rely on my cowboy shooting 12ga bandolier as a source of pure comedy gold. Good luck to all!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks, Mike. I realize it’s an unlikely thing, but as well plan on combining being months worth of no-shooting-rusty with no place to check myself at 200 yards, and probably having to rely on my cowboy shooting 12ga bandolier as a source of pure comedy gold. Good luck to all!

Squad with me and you can use my Benelli. We can wipe it down with sanitizing wipes in between. Just don't ask to buy it afterwards.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Squad with me and you can use my Benelli. We can wipe it down with sanitizing wipes in between. Just don't ask to buy it afterwards.

Sure appreciate the offer, Mike. But too late! The gubmint stimulated me into buying an M4 H2O so I can now miss targets really fast with my own shotgun. Are slings (on rifle and/or shotgun) a thing?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sure appreciate the offer, Mike. But too late! The gubmint stimulated me into buying an M4 H2O so I can now miss targets really fast with my own shotgun. Are slings (on rifle and/or shotgun) a thing?

We don't use slings (yet). Problem is that many guys don't have them and we don't want to exclude anyone.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Good to know. Since I’ve been spending time being intimidated watching 3G videos on YouTube, I’m sure I’m not the only one who will wonder about practical per-stage/match details like slings. Might want to mention that in your stage/ammo follow up email some day when this is actually allowed to proceed. Us noobs crave details like that so we can turn our focus to whether we’ll need things knee pads or just ibuprofen.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am skeptical we're having this match, and I'm getting over shingles, but I will make it work if it actually happens. :)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am skeptical we're having this match, and I'm getting over shingles, but I will make it work if it actually happens. :)

I was optimistic until I saw this video of Hogan. A week and a half ago he said phase 1 would likely be put into motion in the beginning of May. Seems like he may be backing up on that a bit. Fingers crossed.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am skeptical events over 10 people will be allowed when the state opens phase 1.

The range may be open with social distancing, heck other ranges are open now. Thats a different story.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    3 Gun Match Rescheduled

GOOD NEWS!!! The AGC is opening back up tomorrow (with some restrictions). We aren't quite clear on what those restrictions will be on Action Shooting just yet, and so we have decided to reschedule the Mothers Day match until Sunday May 17th. My guess is that this change will make a lot of your wives happier too (I guessing a lot of you didn't even realize it was Mothers day either).

At this point, we still plan to use the 200 yard range, but that may change as well. We apologize for having to call all of these audibles and make changes on the fly, but know you understand that these are circumstances beyond our control.

If you are not able to make the match on May 17th, then please withdraw through Practiscore or drop me an email at action@associatedgunclubs.org.

Please keep your eyes peeled for more updates as things progress. Take care and we look forward so making some noise very soon.

If you can now make it because it is no longer on Mothers days, then the link to do so is below

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-sunday-may-10-2020/register

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Open Letter Sent to Registered Match Shooters

I just sent an email to all shooters who are registered for this weekends matches. Sometimes these emails do not reach everyone and due to the nature/importance of it contents, I am posting it here.

Good morning shooters,

We are looking forward to this weekend and getting back to our normal routine as soon as we can. Under the current circumstances, we all know that things are not as they once were. That being said, there are a few guidelines that we are going to ask everyone to follow. By agreeing to do so and abiding by these guidelines, you will help keep yourself and others safe, as well as preserve our ability to continue doing what we love on a go forward basis.

In addition to the above, it is important to remember that while we are on private property, we are still in public view. Image and optics are very important here and we need to make sure that anyone looking in from the outside also gets the impression that we are operating in a safe and responsible manner.

Please study the following, commit it to memory, follow it, and also politely remind those around you to do so if they happen to have a momentary lapse in doing so.

1. Face Masks / Coverings - Please bring and carry with you some sort of face covering. You will not be required to wear it while shooting, but we would ask that you wear it when you are closer than 6 feet to another individual or when standing in an area with more than 10 people (ie. wear a mask during registration and the safety briefing)

2. Social Distancing - For all intents and purposes, each squad is its own 10 person event occupying its own bay. Do not wander from bay to bay and be sure to wait until the squad in front of you has finished and moved on prior to moving with your squad. Note: No observers will be permitted inside the event area which will be defined during the safety briefing.

3. Timers and Tablets - Please limit the number of participants using these devices. Each RO/SO will have a small bottle of hand sanitizer. Please be sure to use it if before/after taking possession of one of these devices. Also, if you have your own timer, then please feel free to bring and use it. Just set your par time to 120 seconds for consistency sake.

4. Porta Potties, Buildings, and Hard Surfaces - The inside of All AGC buildings are off limits to participants (this includes the storage sheds). If you need to use the rest room, then we do have a porta potty in the event area. Please BRING YOUR OWN sanitizing wipes and rubber gloves and use them when touching any hard surfaces that other participants may end up touching (porta pottie door handle, etc.).

5. Authorities / AGC RSOs / Other Outsiders - If you are approached/questioned by ANYONE, then please DO NOT comment or opine. Just refer that person to the RO/SO that is in charge of your squad of 10 or less

Thank you all so much for supporting the AGC. Lets have a great, fun, and safe event.

Sincerely,

The AGC Action Shooting Committee

(this message will be resent again later in the week)

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I just sent an email to all shooters who are registered for this weekends matches. Sometimes these emails do not reach everyone and due to the nature/importance of it contents, I am posting it here.

Good morning shooters,

We are looking forward to this weekend and getting back to our normal routine as soon as we can. Under the current circumstances, we all know that things are not as they once were. That being said, there are a few guidelines that we are going to ask everyone to follow. By agreeing to do so and abiding by these guidelines, you will help keep yourself and others safe, as well as preserve our ability to continue doing what we love on a go forward basis.

In addition to the above, it is important to remember that while we are on private property, we are still in public view. Image and optics are very important here and we need to make sure that anyone looking in from the outside also gets the impression that we are operating in a safe and responsible manner.

Please study the following, commit it to memory, follow it, and also politely remind those around you to do so if they happen to have a momentary lapse in doing so.

1. Face Masks / Coverings - Please bring and carry with you some sort of face covering. You will not be required to wear it while shooting, but we would ask that you wear it when you are closer than 6 feet to another individual or when standing in an area with more than 10 people (ie. wear a mask during registration and the safety briefing)

2. Social Distancing - For all intents and purposes, each squad is its own 10 person event occupying its own bay. Do not wander from bay to bay and be sure to wait until the squad in front of you has finished and moved on prior to moving with your squad. Note: No observers will be permitted inside the event area which will be defined during the safety briefing.

3. Timers and Tablets - Please limit the number of participants using these devices. Each RO/SO will have a small bottle of hand sanitizer. Please be sure to use it if before/after taking possession of one of these devices. Also, if you have your own timer, then please feel free to bring and use it. Just set your par time to 120 seconds for consistency sake.

4. Porta Potties, Buildings, and Hard Surfaces - The inside of All AGC buildings are off limits to participants (this includes the storage sheds). If you need to use the rest room, then we do have a porta potty in the event area. Please BRING YOUR OWN sanitizing wipes and rubber gloves and use them when touching any hard surfaces that other participants may end up touching (porta pottie door handle, etc.).

5. Authorities / AGC RSOs / Other Outsiders - If you are approached/questioned by ANYONE, then please DO NOT comment or opine. Just refer that person to the RO/SO that is in charge of your squad of 10 or less

Thank you all so much for supporting the AGC. Lets have a great, fun, and safe event.

Sincerely,

The AGC Action Shooting Committee

(this message will be resent again later in the week)

I know previously, first timers who wanted to observe were welcome. Any thoughts about that for this or future events?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom