• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't know how much time is left before registration closes, so jump on it:

For the last two years, AGC has hosted a Gold Star Teen Adventures (GSTA) action shooting event. Gold Star Teens are kids who lost a parent in the service. GSTA is a nationwide organization that gets them out exploring and enjoying the world. The event at AGC let the Gold Stars shoot, under careful guidance of our friendly RSOs, and was also a great fundraiser for the organization. The teams of shooters who were non-Gold Stars paid (and raised) a good chunk of money to participate.

For reasons that I'll probably never understand, the event was cancelled (by...a power higher than AGC) this year, which is a major disappointment. AGC Action Shooting has said: "The AGC Action Shooting Committee believes this program is amazing and does so much for the GSTA Teens, the Committee has decided to donate 100% of the proceeds received from the September 3rd 3 GUN Event to the GSTA program."
    If you can't make it, donations can be made here:

I really hope this event comes back around next year.

This call to arms probably should have come out sooner, but here it is. There are currently 12 spots open. I'll be there...how about you?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I just dug out my 3 gun rifle (which has been sitting too long) to put a new battery in the optic. Removal of the old crusty one took pliers. Removal of the crust required a 7/16 drill bit (which is pretty darn close to AAA diameter) and a stainless .45 bore brush spun with a drill. The new battery goes in, but nothing comes on :(

I may not seem very illuminated...but I'll see you Sunday ;)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I just dug out my 3 gun rifle (which has been sitting too long) to put a new battery in the optic. Removal of the old crusty one took pliers. Removal of the crust required a 7/16 drill bit (which is pretty darn close to AAA diameter) and a stainless .45 bore brush spun with a drill. The new battery goes in, but nothing comes on :(

I may not seem very illuminated...but I'll see you Sunday ;)
    I've got an extra AR with an Aimpoint red dot, happy to bring it if you need it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've got an extra AR with an Aimpoint red dot, happy to bring it if you need it.
    I appreciate the generous offer, but I'll be alright. The second reason I use the Vortex Spitfire AR sight (after just liking the shape of the reticle) is the fact that it is etched. The reticle is always there, just black. Half the time I've used it, the battery has been dead anyway. :rolleye12

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nice match today, guys. Stage 5 on the 200yd range was a bit of a beast, and I loved the holdover on the rifle paper stage.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Nice match today, guys. Stage 5 on the 200yd range was a bit of a beast, and I loved the holdover on the rifle paper stage.
    Pleasure shooting with you. I am grateful that the stage design didn't have toooo much running in this heat. Having 4 RO's on the squad was pretty nice too.

But I'm still wiped out :o

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I have two videos up so far. This GoPro is pretty neat, but it takes me a LOT longer to process and upload. :o

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Pleasure shooting with you. I am grateful that the stage design didn't have toooo much running in this heat. Having 4 RO's on the squad was pretty nice too.

But I'm still wiped out :o
    Great match today, nice shooting with you guys. We had a good squad today.
    I’m usually pretty good with rifle only stages but stage 5 kicked my ass today

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm not sure this is actually "ripe" yet (though it definitely stinks). Youtube says that it is still processing the 4k version, but it gave me a link...so :shrug:
    It's painful to watch :o (and kinda boring because, in addition to just blazing away at the berm, the camera was set a little low...you couldn't really see how effectively I perforated that dirt ;) ).

Here's one of my excuses:

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Guys, it is good to hear that you enjoyed the match today. Even with the heat it was still a fun day out there today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom