• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    To understand this correctly... you feel that she is so mentally unstable that she will ignore laws against murder/assault with a deadly weapon/attempted murder.... but that not having a carry permit will keep her from just carrying anyway? It sounds like the permitting process is just a step for her to get more money at the job you've all encouraged her to get. Hooray. She's looking for upward mobility in her job to make a better life.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well that's the problem with references. The applicant controls who MSP talks to.

Not necessarily a problem, double edged sword for sure. One shouldn't need references in the first place. Letting MSP choose the references would equal a list of every anti gun liberal a person knows. No one would get a permit

I chose the word "problem" incorrectly. It should be "that's the process."

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    You ever think about eating Thanksgiving dinner somewhere else?

Exactly.

The OP's dilemma is why this country is starting to suck so bad. He wants to be judge, jury and executioner. It isn't how it works.

OP...you don't like her? You think she's a nut job? What makes you think that the lack of a gun will keep her from taking you out. If she's really crazy, what does she care about a permit? Last I checked homicide carries a longer sentence than illegal possession/carrying a firearm.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The bolded portion should prevent someone from getting a W&C permit. Have you checked Maryland Case Search to see if they show up there?

The protective orders may not outright prevent the person from getting a W&C but they will certainly cause a lot more questions to be asked. I suspect that it would depend on what the protective orders were filed for as you can get protective orders for harassing someone online or other non-violent reasons. That fact that this person has several (assuming that they were actually enacted and not just temporary) doesn't bode well.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    The bolded portion should prevent someone from getting a W&C permit. Have you checked Maryland Case Search to see if they show up there?

Yes, this is where I found the orders. Thanks

Exactly.

The OP's dilemma is why this country is starting to suck so bad. He wants to be judge, jury and executioner. It isn't how it works.

OP...you don't like her? You think she's a nut job? What makes you think that the lack of a gun will keep her from taking you out. If she's really crazy, what does she care about a permit? Last I checked homicide carries a longer sentence than illegal possession/carrying a firearm.

While this may seem as a personal issue (and I will agree there is some there)the knowledge of this person is the majority of my concern. This person has also been considered mentally ill enough to continuously receive benefits since age 18. Unstable enough to not be able to handle reasonable disputes (not with me) which led to protective orders and other issues. If the powers that be think she is competent enough for that responsibility so be it, I just want to make sure they have all of the facts. I am not worried about any thought out plan to "take me out" but the irrational responses to simple situations leads me to believe that this can lead to a bad situation. With the background that is there I would expect this to be denied. As for being Judge, Jury and Executioner I disagree since there is history there however I also don't want to be on the news saying "yeah, we knew she was crazy but stood by and did nothing."

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think that often it gives a sense of direction to talk things out , even these complex moral issues . Lots of great information within the 3 pages , none of this is easy .

I will offer my opinion as well : people around you may see your ability to carry as an issue (not talking about the OP, just in general) I may even know people in my life that think I am not worthy to carry , it gets real complicated when we judge others .
    The system has been set in place to address mental health issues , so I say let that serve as a buffer .

Also if she is un-stable she may be fired before the permit arrives which will make it null & void if not tied to her employer .

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    Why is she still walking around un-institutionalized if she is too dangerous to be trusted with a firearm?

There are tons of other ways in our industrial society to kill people in decent numbers that do not involve firearms and are more accessible than firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom