• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Does anyone have any information on these uppers? I know they are made local in the Baltimore area, and have seen the BEAR model. They look like they are built well, but wanted to see if anyone can give me some reviews. Secondly is the piston driven system worth the extra money?

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    i have the gas 16" bear. well built only issue ive had was operator error. front charging handle was a huge bonus for me.

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Thanks for the inputs. After reading the review on the other site I'm more leary than when I first saw them. I don't like the fact that you lose the whole side of a rail with the forward charging handle. Especially for the price. Also their customer service comes into question. Of course this was two years ago that it was written, maybe they've improved since then. I'm sure there are some more people out their that have some input on this. So keep posting them. Thanks

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    you dont loose the rail. iirc ( i dont have it with me) the front chargine handle doesnt go all the way to the front or rear of the rails. so you could place what ever you wanted in front of, or behind the charging handle slide. it is non recipricating so you could just not use the fch. i think they had sone quality issues a few years ago but i think its all worked out now.

Eastcoasttj

This is gonna hurt
    Sep 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    I've stopped in their warehouse and talked to a few of them and they seemed very willing to answer questions or concerns. Went so far as to grab an engineer and schooled me on some things I didn't know. Broke out one of their rifles and let me check it out. Maybe go down there and see if you can get a similar experience. I was really surprised by how cool they were about it.

Last edited:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Yeah, mine had a problem with the barrel; I just ran to their warehouse in Baltimore and they fixed it in 1 day no charge. Great customer service. The front charging handle only takes up the whole rail if you use it, otherwise just use the rear one.

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    the warehouse is open to the pubilc? what hours? adress? i would like to go check it out.

Deathmoney07

Mar 11, 2013
    I've owned my ACOR BEAR 16 inch since August 2011, serial number in the 300's, and I like it. never had any issues, I've shot Wolf, Tula, XM855, XM193, etc...as for the front charging handle, you can also remove it if you want...see, now you have full rail access. problem solved.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    the warehouse is open to the pubilc? what hours? adress? i would like to go check it out.

I don't know if it is open to the public, but they were very helpful when I was there. I emailed them first and set up an appointment to go drop off my upper before going.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom