• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    MSP made a determination that the Adcor Elite 5.56 is exempt from Maryland's assault weapons ban. MSP determined it is only cosmetically similar to colt ar15 and does not meet definition of copycat weapon.

Attachments

• 20160909_144738.jpg
      20160909_144738.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 867
    • 20160909_150626.jpg
      20160909_150626.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 931

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    ha- and about 3 times the cost of a standard AR.
    you can by a better equipped and made LWRC DI gun that is lighter as well

Yes I realize I am comparing apples to oranges with a DI VS PISTON gun.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    the adcor I've held and played with felt like junk imo. especially that side charging handle.

No offense but HP white and the US Army disagree:

https://www.adcordefense.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/03/HP-White-Laboratory-Inc.pdf

"six thousand rounds were fired ... during the entire test no parts had to be replaced and there were no stoppages."

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine....atedWeaponsBringCallsforSpeedierUpgrades.aspx

"A parallel competition will identify the Army’s next rifle. A request for proposals for an “Individual Carbine” was issued in January 2011, to which 32 companies responded. In May 2012, the Army whittled the list to six: Beretta, Heckler & Koch, Colt Defense, Remington, Adcor Defense and FN Herstal."

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I was under the impression that all piston ARs were exempt from the " assult weapons ban". Am I missing something?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I was under the impression that all piston ARs were exempt from the " assult weapons ban". Am I missing something?

While that's been the interpretation most have ran with, this is official MSP documentation regarding the legality of the rifle. Of course Blue Fins has had an Adcor for sale for months and a few other retailers stocked them so it's hardly newsworthy IMO. More of a "yes it actually is legal" versus "previously "illegal" weapon now legal".

Now, if the idiots at MSP LD would take the C308 off the ban list as its ignorantly put there, the world would be hunkier dorier.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'll be happy when they properly interpret "Bushmaster Semi-Auto Rifle"

The intent was to ban one particular model -- that Bushmaster Bullpup, if I've not mistaken (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong)

ACR is baller as fvck.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'll be happy when they properly interpret "Bushmaster Semi-Auto Rifle"

The intent was to ban one particular model -- that Bushmaster Bullpup, if I've not mistaken (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong)

ACR is baller as fvck.

I'd be happier if the idiots where smart enough to realize they banned a non existent gun. No such thing as a "Barrett Light Fifty".

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nuh uh! People use it to shoot down police helicopters! Because it's light, they can also run and rob banks with it!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I thought that's what the designated collector letter was for? So you could transport your collection for personal viewing by a bank teller?

Ah yes. Then to the airport and then your local daycare center.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    The only reason Adcor is exempt is because it is made in Maryland.. They don't want to see another gun company leave this area. It's about the dollars!!!!:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom