Adcor BEAR gas-piston AR (made in MD) - any experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, yeah, it's Yet Another Gas-Piston AR. This one claims to have some improvements over other gas-piston designs such as:

• No carrier-tilt
    • Non-reciprocating forward charging handle (easily reversible) in addition standard rear-charging handle.
    • Carrier-mounted dust-cover shield that keeps the ejection port covered even when the exterior cover is open.
    • Free-floating barrel

All this and they're made in Ballimer (Baltimore).
    Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.adcorindustries.com/defense/weapons.asp

This youtube clip shows all of the features and show how easy it is to do stuff to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0JGLsicQsk

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I am not an AR guy but if I were to get one this would be the one to get. It seems to have solved many of the problems the other piston AR's have which made me inclined to have one. Since it is close-by in Baltimore if there are any issues you could drive right to the factory. Many will complain of proprietary parts being issue but the only proprietary parts I see are the gas system, the forward rails, and bolt carrier. Everything else is interchangeable with a normal AR. If any rifle does not have a piston I am not interested in it (except for the Hakim, that was fun).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    still don't get why you wouldn't get something designed from the ground up as a piston gun(SCAR, ACR) if you want a piston gun instead of buying a retro-fit jerry-rigged thing. If you want an ar, get an ar. If you want a piston gun, get a piston gun.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Starting at 1900? If you're going to go piston with an AR, you can get a very solid LWRC in that budget range, and still support MD business.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    still don't get why you wouldn't get something designed from the ground up as a piston gun(SCAR, ACR) if you want a piston gun instead of buying a retro-fit jerry-rigged thing. If you want an ar, get an ar. If you want a piston gun, get a piston gun.

i want an AK47 that's been converted to direct gas impingement :innocent0

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Sold one here at the shop no complaints from owner so far.

I think we sold it for $1675 OTD.

But I do agree you dont get much for the price all it came with was a cardboard box and a mag. I felt for the price It should have had at least a hard case I mean come on.

I do like the forward charging handle on it.

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County

Attachments

• glock_1911-tfb.jpg
      glock_1911-tfb.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 144

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    We used to have a girl posting here that worked for them. Seems like it's been a long time since she visited.

i remember that. wonder where she's been? i always wanted to shoot one, was hoping maybe Don would bring it to one of the shoots, but i never got around to asking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom