• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    greed What is happening is an agenda pre-dating the 1960's.

For those who forget the articles written by reporters in the 1970's, illegal domestic spying by the Baltimore Police Department, using ISD the police spy unit to infiltrate a credit bureau to obtain information without a warrant when exposed the former police officer returned to the police department in ISD.
    Then there is Boots Mandel remember her divorce she stated the Maryland State Police had thousands of secret tapes from illegal wiretaps, remember the Baltimore City States Attorney who found a recorder in the basement of the courthouse hooked to his phone line, no one off the street wandered into the courthouse basement to locate his phone line in the trunk and hook a device to it.

Remember in Annapolis when the legislature held a hearing about all the illegal police spying, the city police commissioner took all the police brass in uniform the electric in the hearing building went out, when reestablished the hearing room was filled with uniformed police officers effectively leaving out any citizens who wanted to be present.

It was later said the electric outage was NO accident you would have to be in 2 or 3 places at once to accomplish it.

Where else in the 1960's did electric/phone outages occur?

Follow the tracks/money.

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't think that if I was the mother of a child who was struggling with mental issues, I would buy him guns. I'm not blaming her, but in retrospect, why would she do that? :sad20:

I agree with those who say there is evil in the world and we cannot control it. All we can hope to do is defend the good and innocent against it. Something our lawmakers don't seem to want to face.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't think that if I was the mother of a child who was struggling with mental issues, I would buy him guns. I'm not blaming her, but in retrospect, why would she do that? :sad20:

I agree with those who say there is evil in the world and we cannot control it. All we can hope to do is defend the good and innocent against it. Something our lawmakers don't seem to want to face.

Read my sig line. Many of our lawmakers face evil every day when they look in the mirror. Their corruption leads them to not control evil but to perpetuate it.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    An article I read said this spreadsheet was printed 9 font, on print paper 9 feet long (one article) 7 feet long (another article) and 4 feet wide (both articles).
    Printers that can do that are usually used for blueprints and drawings.
    They are very very expensive...sometimes as much as a new sports car...which is why they are rented and usually not bought.
    The paper goes in the printer in huge rolls and the size is trimmed by the printer, based on document size.
    Hardly the kind of printer most folks have access to, and I don't see him asking Kinko's to print this out for him.
    My guess would be that as more people realize that, the size of the print paper will be omitted from future articles.
    Just sayin....

WF printers do not cost as much as a sports car. Not that special either. Cost less than most people's hooptie.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E16828142471&gclid=CLWyjOWJibYCFQSnnQodgGgApA

Straight from NewEgg.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    If the spreadsheet were too wide or tall, wouldn't it just print out on several sheets? I mean, you'd have to put them all together both horozontally and vertically when they were all printed, but I don't think you'd need a big old plotter to get one out.

I didn't see where it said that Lanza actually printed all this out though. My guess is it was saved on his computer and they were finally able to recover it. It woudn't be hard to believe that a 9'x4' spread sheet was saved on his PC. That doesn't mean he ever printed it. The 9'x4' estimate might just be what size it would be if he had prinited it out.

I don't know if that's the case or not. But Excel sheets can get pretty big.
    That being said, with that amount of attention to detail in his research, I wouldn't put it past him to get access to a plotter or large printer to print the thing out with.

I don't think you can blame the video game, anymore then the gun, but some people are probably copying what they see whether video games or the media.
    On another point that I have not seen much of, in Japan it is virtually impossible to own a firearm. And so in Osaka, Japan on 8 June 2001 there was a school massacre in which 8 children (1 boy, 7 girls, ages 7-8) were killed by the Janitor with a kitchen knife. He also injured 20 other children none fatally. There are other mass killings not involving a firearm.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't think you can blame the video game, anymore then the gun, but some people are probably copying what they see whether video games or the media.
    On another point that I have not seen much of, in Japan it is virtually impossible to own a firearm. And so in Osaka, Japan on 8 June 2001 there was a school massacre in which 8 children (1 boy, 7 girls, ages 7-8) were killed by the Janitor with a kitchen knife. He also injured 20 other children none fatally. There are other mass killings not involving a firearm.

Let's leave other countries out of this. I mean we all know that since they don't have firearms they don't have any crime.:rolleyes:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

I'm not blaming the video game, however the guns didn't give him points and accolades for shooting people either. True, it is the individual, not the object, that comity the crime, but which do you think has the greater influence on the actions he took: going to the range with him mom where they stress safety, or video games where the goal is to get the best kill/death ratio?

I play these games too, he'll I even have the sharpshooter controller for my PS3, but some people can't separate fiction from reality, and I have no doubt that the greater influences are the games and movies. Am I saying ban them? No, but if your "solution" is to ban guns but you completely skip over the games then you are nothing more than a gun grabber and couldn't really care less about the children.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

I thought he used her guns?

If one of my kids started exhibiting mental problems it would be a tough call to get the guns out of the house. Hopefully a safe would be good enough, then again given enough time anyone could eventually find the combination if its written down somewhere in the house.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    Yes Sir...right on target...where is the autopsy. Where are the security videos showing Lanza entering the school? Were are the ballistic reports? Where is the TF tracing data for the weapons involved?:mad54:

All the above will come out.One drip by one drip at a time till it becomes a crescendo flood of shock & awe for the sheeple right down to the security footage and the bodies and made up unverifiable info when they need a final push for gun legislation that will do nothing to help.

The gun grabbers are not done squeezing the shock out of this event for their political agenda. Shame on them.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    the article does nothing to prove that video games had anything to do with it. what it does provide is evidence that it was planned out and that "gun free zones" was a contributing factor in him choosing the school.

just as it was with the movie theater shooting

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    greed What is happening is an agenda pre-dating the 1960's.

For those who forget the articles written by reporters in the 1970's, illegal domestic spying by the Baltimore Police Department, using ISD the police spy unit to infiltrate a credit bureau to obtain information without a warrant when exposed the former police officer returned to the police department in ISD.
    Then there is Boots Mandel remember her divorce she stated the Maryland State Police had thousands of secret tapes from illegal wiretaps, remember the Baltimore City States Attorney who found a recorder in the basement of the courthouse hooked to his phone line, no one off the street wandered into the courthouse basement to locate his phone line in the trunk and hook a device to it.

Remember in Annapolis when the legislature held a hearing about all the illegal police spying, the city police commissioner took all the police brass in uniform the electric in the hearing building went out, when reestablished the hearing room was filled with uniformed police officers effectively leaving out any citizens who wanted to be present.

It was later said the electric outage was NO accident you would have to be in 2 or 3 places at once to accomplish it.

Where else in the 1960's did electric/phone outages occur?

Follow the tracks/money.

For those of who ain't so bright, could you explain what you are talking about? I, for one, am not quite able to pick up what you're laying down in this post.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I'm not blaming the video game, however the guns didn't give him points and accolades for shooting people either. True, it is the individual, not the object, that comity the crime, but which do you think has the greater influence on the actions he took: going to the range with him mom where they stress safety, or video games where the goal is to get the best kill/death ratio?

I play these games too, he'll I even have the sharpshooter controller for my PS3, but some people can't separate fiction from reality, and I have no doubt that the greater influences are the games and movies. Am I saying ban them? No, but if your "solution" is to ban guns but you completely skip over the games then you are nothing more than a gun grabber and couldn't really care less about the children.

This man did PHD level research on mass killers and murders. The accolades that he wanted didn't come from any game but from the media. He was looking at how much horror was caused at places like Columbine and Aurora and wanting the accolades of being the Newtown killer, which the media gladly gave him and continues to give him over and over again. There were mass killers and serial killers long before there were video games and movies.

This man personally glorified these killers where everyone else was horrified by them. It's not the same as the video games out there. If he used video games as a tool in his preparation it is no different than the fact that he used guns as his tool in performing the killing.

Sending the people who are trying to take away our 2nd amendment rights after our 1st amendment rights is always always always a bad idea. You said "so much for those who said there is nothing to the video game connection." That implies that you are laying some of the blame on the games. Laying the blame on the games means that the argument can be made that if we didn't have the games this man wouldn't have killed. Did we not have people that killed lots of people before we had movies and video games? We did, but things weren't always so well publicized.

This man glorified killers that horrified the rest of the world. No video game influenced him to think that way. He was twisted and enamored with the fame that the media gives these killers. Hell the library did more to influence this man to kill.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    This man did PHD level research on mass killers and murders. The accolades that he wanted didn't come from any game but from the media. He was looking at how much horror was caused at places like Columbine and Aurora and wanting the accolades of being the Newtown killer, which the media gladly gave him and continues to give him over and over again. There were mass killers and serial killers long before there were video games and movies.

This man personally glorified these killers where everyone else was horrified by them. It's not the same as the video games out there. If he used video games as a tool in his preparation it is no different than the fact that he used guns as his tool in performing the killing.

Sending the people who are trying to take away our 2nd amendment rights after our 1st amendment rights is always always always a bad idea. You said "so much for those who said there is nothing to the video game connection." That implies that you are laying some of the blame on the games. Laying the blame on the games means that the argument can be made that if we didn't have the games this man wouldn't have killed. Did we not have people that killed lots of people before we had movies and video games? We did, but things weren't always so well publicized.

This man glorified killers that horrified the rest of the world. No video game influenced him to think that way. He was twisted and enamored with the fame that the media gives these killers. Hell the library did more to influence this man to kill.

You quote me and then completely disregard what I said. As you pointed out, I said so much for saying the games had NO PART. Nowhere did I say it was BECAUSE of the games. Holy crap people, stop trying to infer something that wasn't there. He was a NUTJOB and would have found a way to do this act. But to say the games he played had no influence what so ever is simply denial and burying your head in the sand. They were obviously an influence. How he responds to that influence is on him, just like with guns. Guns don't fire themselves. Guns don't kidnap bullets and force them into the chamber, and guns don't squeeze their own trigger. How a person USES any influence is the problem.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    There are 4 parties to blame in this. The representitives who came up with the whole "gun free zone" mess and those who voted for them. The psycho kid, and his mother, who knew he was mentally and STILL ignored the going-ons in his life.

The mother, like many parents, was incompetent. Unfortunately in this case the kid was a freaking psycho. :sad20:

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    You quote me and then completely disregard what I said. As you pointed out, I said so much for saying the games had NO PART. Nowhere did I say it was BECAUSE of the games. Holy crap people, stop trying to infer something that wasn't there. He was a NUTJOB and would have found a way to do this act. But to say the games he played had no influence what so ever is simply denial and burying your head in the sand. They were obviously an influence. How he responds to that influence is on him, just like with guns. Guns don't fire themselves. Guns don't kidnap bullets and force them into the chamber, and guns don't squeeze their own trigger. How a person USES any influence is the problem.

Sorry about the way I said what I said. I will grant influence in the argument. I will still argue that the video games stepped in as an influence where something else would have done the same in their absence. If he had been an avid paintball player would you be saying paintball influenced him? I think we agree more than I was thinking we did but I was misreading what you were saying.

Honestly, most of the time I see people pointing out that video games were the problem INSTEAD of guns.

I look at this from a different angle. If there were no guns, would this man have killed a bunch of people? The level of research he did on this leads me to believe that the answer is yes, he would have just found some other way. Same question with video games, Yes he would have found something else. Same question with movies, same answer. Lists where people are at the top because of their score were not invented by video games, just look at the back of an old baseball card. Methods used in the shooting are used by soldiers and law enforcement and are written down in books. Scenes of battle and gore are littered throughout museums as priceless works of art. People have been killing others with rocks and arrows and blades throughout history.

This man made up his mind to glorify mass murderers and researched them so that he could be better than they are.

If society wants to stop these people from becoming who they are the only way is to strip the freedoms of everyone, and I mean all freedoms down to fashion choice. We would all be wearing the same clothes in the same beige or gray color, watching the same government allowed television shows. All history would be whitewashed, no record of the evil deeds of the world, because just a few would want to find a way surpass them so they can be mentioned in history.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Sorry about the way I said what I said. I will grant influence in the argument. I will still argue that the video games stepped in as an influence where something else would have done the same in their absence. If he had been an avid paintball player would you be saying paintball influenced him? I think we agree more than I was thinking we did but I was misreading what you were saying.

Honestly, most of the time I see people pointing out that video games were the problem INSTEAD of guns.

I look at this from a different angle. If there were no guns, would this man have killed a bunch of people? The level of research he did on this leads me to believe that the answer is yes, he would have just found some other way. Same question with video games, Yes he would have found something else. Same question with movies, same answer. Lists where people are at the top because of their score were not invented by video games, just look at the back of an old baseball card. Methods used in the shooting are used by soldiers and law enforcement and are written down in books. Scenes of battle and gore are littered throughout museums as priceless works of art. People have been killing others with rocks and arrows and blades throughout history.

This man made up his mind to glorify mass murderers and researched them so that he could be better than they are.

If society wants to stop these people from becoming who they are the only way is to strip the freedoms of everyone, and I mean all freedoms down to fashion choice. We would all be wearing the same clothes in the same beige or gray color, watching the same government allowed television shows. All history would be whitewashed, no record of the evil deeds of the world, because just a few would want to find a way surpass them so they can be mentioned in history.

If we were to be completely honest, then in all likelihood the primary motivating factor would be the media. Every one of the people he tracked were in the news only because of their murders. Not because of inventions, accomplishments or accolades. Were it not for news stories and sensationalization, not a single one of those people would have even been known to Adam Lanza. They were normal people who hated their own lives, and in a final blaze of glory took other people with them for the simple reason to get their name in lights, even if they weren't around to witness it.

Chevy9900

Mar 19, 2013
    Now I hear the schools are locking their doors and making you sign in with ID. I'm not saying i'm against that but I have doubts whether that will stop anyone with multiple guns from doing whatever they intend to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom