• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I was really expecting to see him end up with his head miraculously transformed into a canoe.

Really? Come on. This is the Obama's DC, the sharp shooter will need to fill out 15 forms, wait for sat. coverage, a stand by drone and most important of all, make sure he wasn't a registered democrat. Then there would be a meeting on how to use it against the GOP and the Tea Party, plus how to make Biden look smart, ok maybe not impossible things. Once all that is done, they will get CNN to cover it with a Racist Sign, call him a Zimmerman loving, Obama hating white trash hillbilly, THEN shot him.

Also I think that the GOP needs to be far more aggressive in there approach. We need to take the house, senate and POTUS, then force through a bill stating the States CAN NOT make 2A laws that go past Federal lvls. As it is for 2A and 2A only I do believe it would be legal and would be a huge kick in the nuts to the Dems.

BTW, Adam is a retard, all groups have retards and the American people will give us slack, people that I know on the other side know that he doesn't speak for anybody other then himself. BTW, I thought he was dishonorably discharged, how the fck did he get a firearm?

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    The courts have ruled many times that the 2A is not absolute. My views on the side of the dispute is not what we're discussing. I pointed out that the courts have ruled that states (and DC) have a right to reasonable regulation and that it is Consititutional. If you disagree, that's fine.

That's true, but remember that we are talking about a Constitutionally-protected right. That elevates it well above the status of your garden variety liberty.

A regulation is a law that tells you how to go about doing something, or places very narrow limits on something, or asserts specific preconditions on a liberty. The emissions laws are regulations. The carry license training requirements are regulations.

The complete prohibition on carry of firearms in public is not a regulation. It is a ban. It is a fundamentally different sort of animal.

As such, it is not merely technical minutiae that is in dispute here, it is the broad scope of the right itself, the very meaning of the right and what it means for it to be protected in the first place. This isn't some minor disagreement, this is fundamental.

If you disagree go to Annapolis and start waving your handgun around to protest.
    That would be affray, and like I said, a law proscribing that is certainly Constitutional.

But if the firearm is being carried in a peaceful manner, then such a law cannot apply.

As pointed out, this really does not help us.. I have no issue with anyone's 1A right. But the courts have ruled repeatedly that there are some limits on the 2A.
    But they have similarly ruled that there are some "limits" on 1A as well. Would you say that a law prohibiting all speech in public would pass Constitutional muster? No? Then why would you believe that an equivalent law prohibiting bearing of arms in public would be?

Now, to be fair, you didn't actually say you thought the right to bear long guns in public doesn't exist, you merely said it's in dispute. So I do have to apologize for assigning to you a position that you might not actually take.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Politico.com -
    D.C. police probe gun activist video

MediaIte.com -
    NBC’s David Gregory Displays 30-Round Magazine On TV, Matter Is ‘Under Investigation’ By Police

WashingtonTimes.com -
    MILLER: David Gregory gets off scot free

Wanna bet that libertarian activist Adam Kokesh's treatment by DC's OAG won't be the same as Gregory's, even though Kokesh probably 'felt in his heart that he was doing the right thing' ?

Sure, he's pushing the point. Sure, he's a little 'out there'. And, to be sure, his 'infraction' was very different than Gregory's. But, as Kokesh defended 2A, didn't he also exercise 1A and expect 14A in the process ? I wonder if the NRA or SAF would take up his case if he's charged ?

Just askin ...

Ill point out that two different agencies are in play here. David was dealing with the OAG. For Adams crime he will be dealing with the USAO, if they decide to press charges.

These are Different agencies when it comes to prosecution. David committed a Misd, Adam a felony.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ill point out that two different agencies are in play here. David was dealing with the OAG. For Adams crime he will be dealing with the USAO, if they decide to press charges.

These are Different agencies when it comes to prosecution. David committed a Misd, Adam a felony.

Good points and things that don't come out in the 'rags', but it still doesn't address the fundamental questions of intent and equal protection. Again, I'm not condoning Kokesh's actions, but there are parallels between the two 'demostrations'.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    DCPD have surrounded where they think he is hiding out. Looks like DCAG is interested in prosecuting Kokesh, which I think is a good idea

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Congratulations AK, you've just graduated from Attention Whore University with a Masters in Douchebaggery.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Good points and things that don't come out in the 'rags', but it still doesn't address the fundamental questions of intent and equal protection. Again, I'm not condoning Kokesh's actions, but there are parallels between the two 'demostrations'.

No and I explained this in the previous thread. David wasn't pursued because it was a MISD case not committed in the presence of an officer and fighting for his arrest wasn't really cost effective for the OAG who focuses on basic dc crimes like I mentioned above. They would rather spend the attorney money prosecuting DUIs and cleaning up the neighborhood drug properties through nuisance property laws to enhance the quality of life for DC Citizens.

Those same DC citizens don't want guns in their city, look at ownership statistics.

Adam on the other hand brought a firearm into the city and committed a felony. The USAOs job is to prosecute these types of crimes. And per DC law because it was a felony Adam can be arrested on PC and no warrant is needed, although someone will probably attempt to obtain one if it hasn't already been done. A PC arrest on these types of cases has a time frame to be processed and generally more poorly worded vs taking your time to get an arrest warrant. an arrested person has a right in DC to be quickly processed so they are not spending 15 hours in jail for a Misd charge (yes there are exceptions). They might be doing him a favor if arrested in this manner because its more likely to be nolle pros.

It's a lot to explain, without taking you out and showing you how it works. It's one of those things that you can read for hours but until you apply it the process is confusing.

Basically, currently officers don't need a warrant to arrest him where as David needed a warrant to be arrested.

Ill also add, and hate to play the race card, but we get arrest/search warrants based videos/pics where weapons are involved on citizens all the time. If Adam wasn't treated the same it IMHO would look bad.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    No and I explained this in the previous thread. David wasn't pursued because it was a MISD case not committed in the presence of an officer and fighting for his arrest wasn't really cost effective for the OAG who focuses on basic dc crimes like I mentioned above. They would rather spend the attorney money prosecuting DUIs and cleaning up the neighborhood drug properties through nuisance property laws to enhance the quality of life for DC Citizens.

Those same DC citizens don't want guns in their city, look at ownership statistics.

Adam on the other hand brought a firearm into the city and committed a felony. The USAOs job is to prosecute these types of crimes. And per DC law because it was a felony Adam can be arrested on PC and no warrant is needed, although someone will probably attempt to obtain one if it hasn't already been done. A PC arrest on these types of cases has a time frame to be processed and generally more poorly worded vs taking your time to get an arrest warrant. an arrested person has a right in DC to be quickly processed so they are not spending 15 hours in jail for a Misd charge (yes there are exceptions). They might be doing him a favor if arrested in this manner because its more likely to be nolle pros.

It's a lot to explain, without taking you out and showing you how it works. It's one of those things that you can read for hours but until you apply it the process is confusing.

Basically, currently officers don't need a warrant to arrest him where as David needed a warrant to be arrested.

Ill also add, and hate to play the race card, but we get arrest/search warrants based videos/pics where weapons are involved on citizens all the time. If Adam wasn't treated the same it IMHO would look bad.

Like I said, the devil is in the details ... so he's a douchebag without cause, to twist a phrase. Looks like they have already 'executed' on the plan ... and you've already commented on another thread.

So, I'll shut up and let the rest be history. :o

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    His message is that it is time for an armed revolution to overthrow the Federal Government. You agree with that message?

You mean the Domestic Enemy Regime that is completing a century long campaign to destroy this once great nation? Participating in mass murders in the name of subverting the Constitution.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You mean the Domestic Enemy Regime that is completing a century long campaign to destroy this once great nation? Participating in mass murders in the name of subverting the Constitution.

Yup I agree....go show your support you should mimic his actions.

Freedom for all.

Go freedom fighters.

You must own a shotgun and have a way to DC right?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

Do you support the armed overthrow of the federal government of the United States?

Circle one:

Yes

No

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011

All due respect, the 2nd Amendment doesnt say anything about doing what the majority wants. Its a Right. They can chose not to practice that Right but at the same time they have NO Right to deny me just because that majority doesnt like it.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Victimless crimes should not warrant SWAT style raids with flash bangs.
    Who did this guy harm other than some gun haters who might have wet their panties after watching his youtube video?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Victimless crimes should not warrant SWAT style raids with flash bangs.
    Who did this guy harm other than some gun haters who might have wet their panties after watching his youtube video?

Kokesh has made a huge point in being heavily armed, has made very public statements advocating violence against the government, had just knowingly filmed himself committing felonies involving firearms. I have no problem with the officers arresting him assuming that he was armed and dangerous, as he has himself claimed and proved to be.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    All due respect, the 2nd Amendment doesnt say anything about doing what the majority wants. Its a Right. They can chose not to practice that Right but at the same time they have NO Right to deny me just because that majority doesnt like it.

You missed the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom