• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    it seems to me that most of the peeps using facebook are LIBTARDS. at least the ones responding to the Bill. those people are just scared of guns and think that somehow all the guns could dissapear and we would all be safe.

I think the LIBTARDS in the UK were thinking the same thing. Now they are after the Knives.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Novus, you claim you are a Liberal, but I do not remember reading any of your views that would show you to be a liberal.
    Do you feel that a larger government would be good for this country?
    Are you sure you are a liberal?

Glenn Beck last night had a very good show on this topic. Its the Progressives that are the problem today and they have infiltrated both parties but mostly the Democratic Party.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Novus, you claim you are a Liberal, but I do not remember reading any of your views that would show you to be a liberal.
    Do you feel that a larger government would be good for this country?
    Are you sure you are a liberal?

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Just because I have been refraining from many political/social discussions lately it doesn't mean there weren't the abortion, death penalty, prison reform, taxes, etc. discussions where I put forth my point of view in the past. Some threads were legendary.
    Let me put it this way, my liberalism is so counter to some prevalent positions here on this board that my going into further detail again would be an uneccessary distraction from the discussion of the ideals we all here do share. Just be glad that I and other pro RKBA liberals are here on this board so that we can provide the different perspective and allow us to better get into the minds of the antis who are liberals. We know what can appeal to them in changing their minds on the gun issue....if possible.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    it seems to me that most of the peeps using facebook are LIBTARDS

Remember that Facebook was originally designed for recent college alumni and college students and still probably has the highest usage among the young 20's and under crowd. Just about anything with those kinds of demographics is going to skew to the left the same way a gathering out in a rural area will skew conservative.

There's also the simple fact that the FB group itself was started by someone against the bill to rally support against it. That will REALLY skew things.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Remember that Facebook was originally designed for recent college alumni and college students and still probably has the highest usage among the young 20's and under crowd. Just about anything with those kinds of demographics is going to skew to the left the same way a gathering out in a rural area will skew conservative.

There's also the simple fact that the FB group itself was started by someone against the bill to rally support against it. That will REALLY skew things.
    20something here that is on the Winston Churchill advanced program (meaning I have a heart and a brain @ 27, compared with most my age who just have a heart).

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I love facebook. Just that... Getting caught talking to exes while the wife is watching makes some weird moments. Luckily most are married with kids also so I dodge that bullet.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got a letter back from one of my delegates (Roger M), who basically told me "I'll keep that under advisement" ("go screw yourself").

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Please post if you receive a response, here's all I've received so far after sending them all an email (I'm unknown and not political at all).

I support this bill, but I am concerned that we will not be able to get it out of committee.
    Susan McComas –District 35 B
    ----------Thanks for the email, I will continue to support this legislation and all pro second amendment legislation as I have in the past.
    Constitutionally Yours,
    Del. Don Dwyer, Jr.
    Anne Arundel County
    District 31
    410-841-3047

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Just because I have been refraining from many political/social discussions lately it doesn't mean there weren't the abortion, death penalty, prison reform, taxes, etc. discussions where I put forth my point of view in the past. Some threads were legendary.
    Let me put it this way, my liberalism is so counter to some prevalent positions here on this board that my going into further detail again would be an uneccessary distraction from the discussion of the ideals we all here do share. Just be glad that I and other pro RKBA liberals are here on this board so that we can provide the different perspective and allow us to better get into the minds of the antis who are liberals. We know what can appeal to them in changing their minds on the gun issue....if possible.

that don't sound so bad to me. I'm very conservative with some non-conservative beliefs. Abortion, why have millions of unwanted to drain us even more. Death penalty, only if they were caught red handed/or no other conceivable possible way. Prison reform, drug users are a waste of space in prison, put them all on an Island somewhere and let them grow all the drugs they want. :D Taxes, we don't need no stinking taxes. no really, tax on usage , some type of flat tax I guess but we know that will never happen. :tdown:

Thanks for explaining

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Forgive me if I have missed it but...is Delegate Reily's bill for a true shall approach before the house or senate again this session?

If so, do we have a bill and file #?

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I we keep offering counter arguments to it we reason will prevail. Post commnets by adding him as a friend.

That way he cant say "well, look at my facebook and all these people against it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Forgive me if I have missed it but...is Delegate Reily's bill for a true shall approach before the house or senate again this session?

If so, do we have a bill and file #?

Not filed yet. Soon.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    He might be possibly waiting to see the verdict of HB 52.
    I'd prefer we hit them from ALL angles! But, it would be poetic justice for this backwards state to shoot itself in the revenue foot by allowing MD citizens to carry on VA permits and loose out on those permit fees they COULD be getting by going shall issue.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dear Judiciary Committee Members:

I am writing to you today to ask you to please support Delegate Smigiel's House Bill 52 for the recognition of out of state handgun permits and allow it to proceed to the full House for a vote.

As you are aware, currently, Maryland restricts the free passage of our neighboring states' citizens with respect to their Second Amendment rights. I personally have family and friends who live outside of our state and often refuse to participate in any economic, pleasure, or commerce transactions because they prefer not to support a state that does not believe in their right to own and transport arms, safely.

We are currently in the worst budget crisis in our state and my feeling is that we should do everything in our power to encourage more people to partake in Maryland commerce. Making our state more freedom friendly, and encouraging people with Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia Concealed Carry Permits to freely exercise their rights here, would help to alleviate the need to cut spending or raise taxes. This would also have a profound impact on crime, by lowering our rates, and saving money on crime fighting.

I hope you can do the honorable thing and vote yes on HB 52 to allow for a full consideration on the floor of the House. You owe it to the people of Maryland and our good neighbors to at least hear our concerns with regards to freedom, commerce and budgetary problems.

Thank you all for your hard work and consideration on HB 52.

Sincerely,

FightinBluHen51

Not yet sent to the judiciary committee, but will be. Suggestions, alterations? feel free to copy and paste.

J.Q.Citizen

Jan 8, 2010
    Atlanta GA
    I would put into your letter the potential for state revenue from allowing MD to be Shall Issue.

With all of the bills in legislature right now asking for the creation of state debt they should be jumping for joy with the possibility. Assume there are approx. 1,000,000 gun owners in the state of Maryland. The current permit application costs $117.00 if only 500,000 owners applied for permits that would be $58,500,000 that would be introduced into the state revenue.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I would put into your letter the potential for state revenue from allowing MD to be Shall Issue.

With all of the bills in legislature right now asking for the creation of state debt they should be jumping for joy with the possibility. Assume there are approx. 1,000,000 gun owners in the state of Maryland. The current permit application costs $117.00 if only 500,000 owners applied for permits that would be $58,500,000 that would be introduced into the state revenue.

The folks in Legislative Services, those that write the fiscal reports for proposed bills, believe that moving to shall issue would actually cost the state money. We know that's not true, but that's what they believe, and they're the end of the road on that matter. HB52 would leave other states holding the bag financially, while Maryland could benefit from having people carry here. We should focus on that much.

Perhaps no one in Legislative Services has heard about the $6M+ surplus that Florida's licensing department accumulated after the election last year? They made money had over fist. Surely Maryland could do the same...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

One thing about being an activist, one bill at a time. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, stay on point. Different Bill, different letter / email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom