• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    It was recommended to me to fill out ATF 5230.20 for transporting across state lines with my can. It's borderline overkill apparently, but I don't mind.. too much..

But, I can't find it electronically anywhere, or instructions for it? Presuming I can download it from somewhere.. Anyone else already go through this and can share the doc?

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    A 5320.20 is not required to transport suppressors or AOW's across state lines, but it is recommended if you are passing through any unfriendly states on your way to your destination.

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    Ok, so do you guys do anything yourself about state line transport, besides carrying the stamp?

And know where I can find the form, just as a preventative?

I was also told to write a simple letter, to the right branch at ATF, notifying them I was going to transport it across state lines. That make any sense?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Last time I needed one, I got the 5320.20 from the ATF website.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-20.pdf

download, fill it out, print it out, mail it off.

I don't do jack except bring a copy of my form 4 for my cans. SBRs and MGs you have to do the paperwork if you want to be legal.

As I have mentioned in other threads, I recommend NFA owners memorize or carry "the card" in their pockets with the number of the NFA branch of the ATF. Does wonders when you tell an LEO that has been poorly trained (in most cases I can't blame the cop, I blame their officers and political leadership for a lack of proper training) to call The Government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom