About the 30 firearms released then Denied...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Honestly I think 30 is a conservative number. We have released three firearms to people who were subsequently denied. One turned out to be a very bad guy, one we have no idea why and one was an "administrative disapproval", meaning he could just correct his paperwork. Two turned them back in, the other (bad guy) refused and I'm sure has had a very unpleasant visit by the MSP recovery unit.

This is REAL, scary stuff. We have had far too many disapprovals as it seems EVERYONE, including bad guys are trying to purchase firearms right now. The AFT and MSP have conspired to keep us from running NICS checks, so now we are operating blind.

I have not counted, but I'd guess we have sold well over 1,000 regulated firearms this year, and we've probably had 10 disapprovals. (7 were before we started to release on time). This may not seem like much, but it is still a little frightening. If one of these a$$holes commits some heinous crime that we (dealers collectively) have released without a background check, our entire pro-2A community will be completely exploited in the media and by our politicians.

unimogger

Mar 11, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Question 5 reads - If you are less than 30 years of age at the time of completing this application, have you ever been adjudicated delinquent by a juvenile court for: a. A crime of violence (refer to Question # 2 for the definition of a crime of violence); or b. Any violation classified as a felony in this State; or c. Any violation classified as a misdemeanor in this State that carries a maximum penalty of more than two years? (If you are 30 years of age or older, answer "N/A" for Not Applicable.)

If this individual was NOT determined to be delinquent (BTW - a juvenile can only be found to 'be involved' in a delinquent act, there is not a determination of 'guilty' or 'not guilty' in the juvenile court) then he can go back to the court where his case was heard and request a copy of the court order which will make a matter of record the actual finding and disposition of his case. Once he has a copy of the court order he can go to the local Department of Juvenile Services office with that in hand and ask they confirm their database has the correct disposition recorded (that is where MSP would have found the information that led them to conclude he was ineligible to purchase a firearm). If he determines there is an error in the DJS data, he can: request that error be corrected, ask for a statement to that effect on DJS letterhead, and forward that document to the MSP with a cover letter asking that they reconsider their original determination.

He may need or want an attorney to assist him in this process as the bureaucrats he will encounter may, or may not, be inclined to be helpful.

JADCecil

May 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Question 5 reads - If you are less than 30 years of age at the time of completing this application, have you ever been adjudicated delinquent by a juvenile court for: a. A crime of violence (refer to Question # 2 for the definition of a crime of violence); or b. Any violation classified as a felony in this State; or c. Any violation classified as a misdemeanor in this State that carries a maximum penalty of more than two years? (If you are 30 years of age or older, answer "N/A" for Not Applicable.)

If this individual was NOT determined to be delinquent (BTW - a juvenile can only be found to 'be involved' in a delinquent act, there is not a determination of 'guilty' or 'not guilty' in the juvenile court) then he can go back to the court where his case was heard and request a copy of the court order which will make a matter of record the actual finding and disposition of his case. Once he has a copy of the court order he can go to the local Department of Juvenile Services office with that in hand and ask they confirm their database has the correct disposition recorded (that is where MSP would have found the information that led them to conclude he was ineligible to purchase a firearm). If he determines there is an error in the DJS data, he can: request that error be corrected, ask for a statement to that effect on DJS letterhead, and forward that document to the MSP with a cover letter asking that they reconsider their original determination.

He may need or want an attorney to assist him in this process as the bureaucrats he will encounter may, or may not, be inclined to be helpful.
    Agree with most of this. This unknown person may want to appeal the denial.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My guess is a lot of the 'thirty" are either juvenile records and they are under 30 yoa, or some type of inpatient mental hospital stay that the state DHMH had a record of. People who probably didn't even understand they were doing anything wrong when doing the ppw. And there will also probably be some dumbshits with felony history who just bought a gun anyway because they thought they could get away with it. The state and federal administration have done a great job of denying NICS to the dealers, and the local media has done a great job of advertising that fact.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Does anyone know one of the 30 people mentioned in the Sunpaper that received their firearm before the ND came back? And if so do they know why they were denied by the State? I am looking for some facts to use in a letter I plan to write and would love to include the truth about some of these to refute and slam Frosh and company. I would not use any names, just the facts about the reason for denial.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there any chance that some of these transfers were between individuals at a MSP barracks? None of the details I've read precludes this, though statistically it's less likely I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom