AAPD told me not to carry on my own property...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopShot0352

Feb 5, 2011
    Gettysburg
    I bet you plead the 5th and want your lawyer on a traffic stop too. Or are you the kind that calls 911 to make sure the marked car behind you is a real cop?

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    and since you are so worried about angles and what you can and cant see....install a blind corner mirror that can be seen from the peephole viewer you should already have installed

survellianceMirror.gif

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    I bet you plead the 5th and want your lawyer on a traffic stop too. Or are you the kind that calls 911 to make sure the marked car behind you is a real cop?

Wrong again. I've had 1 traffic stop lead to a ticket in my life, and based on evidence it should have been thrown out in court but I didn't argue with the judge so that I would not be held in contempt. I could have had him read back the transcript where he told me not to object but decided an extremely reduced fine and PBJ for alleged speeding was OK.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    and since you are so worried about angles and what you can and cant see....install a blind corner mirror that can be seen from the peephole viewer you should already have installed

survellianceMirror.gif

My property stops at my threshold which I never crossed while armed and I would never install a device onto someone else's property as that IS a crime...shows more that I call BS on you knowing the details and people involved.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    My property stops at my threshold which I never crossed while armed and I would never install a device onto someone else's property as that IS a crime...shows more that I call BS on you knowing the details and people involved.
    You only call BS because he's calling BS on your details.

I am not some civi here trying to reason with you, I am LEO too, and what I am trying to get out of you a few pages ago on this thread are some concrete facts, and all I (we) (are) am getting are bits and pieces.

Your 'facts' continue to shift

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD

How so? i told you your gun did not have a round in the chamber and what kind of shirt you had on, if you push the issue i'll be more than happy to gather more information and post details that would probably get me banned...but at the same time would most likely be so worth it, but i'm not going to stoop to that level, i provided two adequate details that only you and the two officers that were there would have known and could not be guessed at random

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Come on over then buddy, feel free to check out my view where I can't see their cars. I caused this...how? I talked to the SGT way before you, you're more worried about your buddy being in trouble?

I'm not calling in anymore details, I already had a 45 min conversation with the SGT. If your buddy did nothing wrong then what do you have to worry about.

And sorry there is also more than a shirt that makes me memorable to every PD I have ever met (yes I know some too in AAPD and other places).

Oh and it runs on Google chrome as well.

Angry Birds? I love that freaking game. I can't take my Morning Constitutional without my iPhone and Angry Birds.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    You only call BS because he's calling BS on your details.

I am not some civi here trying to reason with you, I am LEO too, and what I am trying to get out of you a few pages ago on this thread are some concrete facts, and all I (we) (are) am getting are bits and pieces.

Your 'facts' continue to shift

Where do I shift and on what facts? I have not given all details as I stated I don't want to cause the officers or anyone else more harm than good. Have I let out more pieces over time? Yes but again I stated earlier I'm not going to call them out publicly.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    How so? i told you your gun did not have a round in the chamber and what kind of shirt you had on, if you push the issue i'll be more than happy to gather more information and post details that would probably get me banned...but at the same time would most likely be so worth it, but i'm not going to stoop to that level, i provided two adequate details that only you and the two officers that were there would have known and could not be guessed at random

Are you defending the more junior or more senior officer in the incident? Because lets just say the more junior guy had no idea how to work that weapon.

I chose for their respect and mine not to call it out publicly but you've started to put those details there, I said PM me in case you missed it.

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    I've seen several posts on this forum about people answering their doors. One guy was flat out afraid to answer his door when someone knocked. He didn't give any details that were strange, requiring extra prudence.?? One guy gets his gun and has his wife start recording with a camera if someone knocks that he doesn't know.?? People are freakin strange! Who will be concerned that people with this mind set will be applying for CCW in MD. since it looks as if it will be easier to get? Imagine why the "anti's" have their point of view.
    These guys don't need guns IMHO they need a Batphone to moms house!!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My gun on my hip where it is legal is safe. You don't need to disarm me.

Great attitude to have towards cops when you would be the one asking them to show up for whatever reason. You just have no clue. They don't need to be there then. Correct? You and your heater have it all under control.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    slightly off topic, but how does someone flashing a badge through a peep hole prove one way or another if they are really cops or not.

Pretty much anyone can go by some official looking badge and flash it. I even had a badge when i was a firefighter, looked almost identical to the police badges but had firefighter in instead of police officer on it.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    are you for REAL !!!!!!!!!! Home invasion . Get a dog and a new address.

I have a gun on me at all times when I'm at home. That is what pocket pistols are for. They go well with whatever I'm wearing be it an expensive pair of jeans or a pair of Walmart sweatpants.

My wife often asks "is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just excited to see me". I tell her "both". ;)

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Where do I shift and on what facts? I have not given all details as I stated I don't want to cause the officers or anyone else more harm than good. Have I let out more pieces over time? Yes but again I stated earlier I'm not going to call them out publicly.

If you're unwilling to provide information to a bunch of random people on this forum yet want you want us to cater some sort of opinions to you based on the half ass information you provide.

Frankly as LEO, I don't care what you with your guns in your house. As long as safety to your neighbors isn't an issue. So if you choose to 1) Demand a badge in the peep hole from police that you already know are coming. - goodluck with that.
    2) openly respond to the officers by opening your door with a gun, don't expect sympathy but more so as to why you're carrying a gun with police at the door. Every officer is different but we are all also thinking officer safety and watching our 6 o'clock at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Usually complainants would have dispatch on the phone asking if the unknown persons at their door were the responding officers . Guess none of this happened either?

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Great attitude to have towards cops when you would be the one asking them to show up for whatever reason. You just have no clue. They don't need to be there then. Correct? You and your heater have it all under control.
    You have a lot of nerve talking about my attitude towards cops. Pot calling kettle black much? Wasn't it a few weeks ago that YOU posted in a thread and said "I do not feel comfortable with citizens being armed around me in public?" Your disdain for us serfs concerning CCW rang LOUD and CLEAR.

BTW, I'm not the one calling the cops. In my 38 yrs I have never needed their assistance. Me and my heater do have it all under control. :D If I MUST call the cops, it will be to pick up a corpse. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom