• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Im not saying its fake at all. What I am saying is after I have it in my hands, how in the world am I going to prove what it is when I sell it/pass it on to my kids? To the next person that does not know Allans reputation, it just looks like a jacked up SKS. Thats all.

This. ^^

If I bought it and ever wanted to sell down the road I don't see me ever getting my money back on a SKS tht looks like that. In fact I'm sure ppl would look at it and say yeah..uh huh it's a sniper rifle. :rolleyes: . I don't doubt that at the very least Allen thinks they are. But IMHO yugo sks rifles are Troublesome rifles with the gas shut off issues and the 4-5 I had sent to me had not so good bores on thm so I don't even Try to buy a nice one anymore much less one that looks like those.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i dont think the provenance is the big issue.

the real issue is where are you going to get a cope and mount to go with it?

if the proper scope and mount were available it might be worth while.

as it is unless these are somehow marked, they are not original snipers, they are repurposed SKS that were later stuck with some optics during the balkan conflicts.

also i agree its a stretch to call this a "sniper" i think these would have fit more of a DMR kind of role.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I think the "sniper" tag is being hung on this because it was reportedly used as a spotter's gun for two man sniper teams, which, honestly I could imagine is a potential use. However slapping a scope on ANY rifle does not make it a sniper rifle.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I think the "sniper" tag is being hung on this because it was reportedly used as a spotter's gun for two man sniper teams, which, honestly I could imagine is a potential use. However slapping a scope on ANY rifle does not make it a sniper rifle.

oh yeah, you had to post that when I'm half way through making my marlin model 60 sniper rifle. :rolleyes:

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I have spoken to him on the phone and purchased a few things from him in the past and he is a straight up guy.

That being said I am still not going to buy one. If it had the 'original' glass and QDM I would consider it but not sure for how much.

Here is a very pretty /26\ Sniper with box and Chinese Scope...This one I would def consider...

Here is the problem..... what I see here is probably manufactured for the "collector" market... it doesn't look real. First off... all those boxes if their rifles were even shipped that way are in my opinion the wrong green for the YPA. That red star is a another big red flag. :tdown:

Abraxaslotus

Jan 8, 2012
    Cecil County
    Yeah when I first got my yugo I could not even chamber a round. The corrosive ammo they used really put some wear on these rifles. But now with a lot of work and love the rifle is one of my favorites to shoot.

I would not get one of these though. I agree with you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom