• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Allens Armory has Ex-Sniper Yugo SKS's...here the the info on the website...

"This is NOT A REPRODUCTION produced here in the USA. This is the real thing! Very few "Yugo SKS snipers" were mixed in with the large number of Yugo SKSs that came in over the last few years. Most lack optics and rail mount/base. These do NOT have bases or optics which would be a ZRAK ON-M89 scope, QD ring/mounts, and carry case. SKSs are not known for their accuracy, so one might call this a "marksman/observation" rifle, while others have referred to it as an "assassins rifle." These rifles were used during the Yugoslavian Civil War (1992 to 1995) to stop the lead vehicle of a motorcade in preparation for a grenade attack. It's also been reported that "freelance snipers" shot civilians as well as military personnel, probably as a terror tactic. This was reported to of been done by all factions. You rarely see these SKSs for sale. This is truly a rare piece from the not too distant past that made history in our lifetime."

$550-$600. Link to the rifles (with other 59/66's)
    http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=32

Attachments

• SKS Sniper Receiver.jpg
      SKS Sniper Receiver.jpg
      32.1 KB · Views: 641

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What are SKSs selling for these days? The price on those is not as high as I would have expected given the marketing angle of a sniper-ish rifle.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Without the holes, thats a 300-350 rifle in that condition. Unissued Yugos are selling north of $500 as well as modern chinese ones. There is not much desireability for a Yugo Sniper SKS because its impossibile to prove. For all we know, a bubba did that.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I'm not buying it. :lol2:

Not a sniper in my opinion.... if real I'm not sure what it would be called.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I would check around to see if there are any "period" pictures of these rifles. I picked up a scope when I was over there.... all encased in rubber... I still don't know what it went on. They had some real odd-ball military hardware.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    No "sniper" worth his salt would use an SKS as a "sniper" rifle. Government officials would probably believe it, but beyond that... Not a chance. Could they have been scoped SKS's, sure... but "sniper" variants??? Firing what precision ammo I dare ask!

YUGO Sniper Rifles

M70 (an M48 variant)
    M76
    M91
    M93
    M07

SKS is NOT among them!

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Well, I have seen pictures of these at least going five years back on GB and other sites, and Allan has a stellar reputation, I do not believe he would sell these unless he was 100% sure they were authentic, unlike many dealers out there, he actually does his research.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Well, I have seen pictures of these at least going five years back on GB and other sites, and Allan has a stellar reputation, I do not believe he would sell these unless he was 100% sure they were authentic, unlike many dealers out there, he actually does his research.

I have spoken to him on the phone and purchased a few things from him in the past and he is a straight up guy.

That being said I am still not going to buy one. If it had the 'original' glass and QDM I would consider it but not sure for how much.

Here is a very pretty /26\ Sniper with box and Chinese Scope...This one I would def consider...

Attachments

• SKS Sniper RIFLES.jpg
      SKS Sniper RIFLES.jpg
      19.2 KB · Views: 679
    • SKS Sniper RIFLE RIGHT.jpg
      SKS Sniper RIFLE RIGHT.jpg
      137.7 KB · Views: 1,415
    • SKS Sniper rifle in BOX.jpg
      SKS Sniper rifle in BOX.jpg
      138.4 KB · Views: 933
    • SKS Sniper RIFLE LEFT.jpg
      SKS Sniper RIFLE LEFT.jpg
      139.4 KB · Views: 2,142
    • SKS Sniper RIFLE 26.jpg
      SKS Sniper RIFLE 26.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 388
    • SKS RIFLE BIPOD.jpg
      SKS RIFLE BIPOD.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 381
    • SKS Sniper SCOPE.jpg
      SKS Sniper SCOPE.jpg
      87.9 KB · Views: 445

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Im not saying its fake at all. What I am saying is after I have it in my hands, how in the world am I going to prove what it is when I sell it/pass it on to my kids? To the next person that does not know Allans reputation, it just looks like a jacked up SKS. Thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom