• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The middle aged guy at HD was doing a double take because that shirt makes it look like you're bleeding out from an abdominal wound.

(It really does draw attention to your waistband. )

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Maryland getting freer (is that a word?) one carry at a time.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    Totally agree on being too consumed on phones/agendas. I've always been a "people watcher" as far as general atmosphere. It's a wonder most folks get through the day without being injured in some way...

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Good on ya. If you make any trips to Delaware, feel free as well. No CCW required but when in your vehicle the firearm must be plainly visible...a center console mounted holster works

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Kudos to the OP. Screw Walmart and it’s supposed policy, a manager will have to ask you to leave and they won’t.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I thought given the Thomas decision I would see more pistolas but given a calm atmosphere/surroundings a quick glance at each person will give an idea of there nefarious intents and I go about my busy day, I've not been looking for them like I thought I would. People getting their licenses will begin to carry more with time.

Maybe in similar fashion to the MDS sticker sightings thread, a carry sightings thread.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Walmart has a policy against open carry now so be aware of that.
    Yep pretty sure that was started after the El Paso shooting. Couldn’t remember if it was just in TX or nationwide. Either way, they have no signs posted, I’ll let someone ask me to leave.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Has anyone here open carried in a Starbucks yet? I know many of you avoid it like the plague, but I wonder how long it will be before they post “no firearms allowed on premises”.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    At least the Walmart in Mt Airy has a printed sign by the entrance. I believe this is nationwide.

Kindly refrain from openly carrying a firearm

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    At least the Walmart in Mt Airy has a printed sign by the entrance. I believe this is nationwide.

Kindly refrain from openly carrying a firearm
    It’s probably a giant PIA for their security. Can you imagine dealing with the Karens?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have CC'd in a welding supply place with a no weapon sign on the window, i knew the counter guy and told him that i was carrying and he said screw that sign, and that corporate told him to put it up.

So much for that

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I believe the Walmart sign was originally geared to long guns. Modern sporting rifles. The signs have been up for longer than the Bruen deceaion.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I believe the Walmart sign was originally geared to long guns. Modern sporting rifles. The signs have been up for longer than the Bruen deceaion.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    I seem to recall that it was after the El Paso Walmart shootings back in 2019.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Has anyone here open carried in a Starbucks yet? I know many of you avoid it like the plague, but I wonder how long it will be before they post “no firearms allowed on premises”.
    Starbucks addressed this already in another state. Karens demanded they prohibit firearms on their property and they said they will not turn away paying customers who are following the law. I bought my first coffee there in years the day I heard that. I haven't heard them make any change to that yet, but I may have missed it.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Since Bruen I’m constantly looking for folks open carrying. I’ve not spotted a single soul. Likewise, I’ve not observed anyone printing, hitching up their pants, etc. Frankly, I’m puzzled by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom