• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If Mission is ok with it I doubt seriously any Karen or Boat’s concerns will outweigh theirs

How can a lawful activity be viewed as anything but lawful

The statute says unlawful and annoying. Hardly the case here

If someone is bothered the door can swing both ways for them

Let’s see have one customer leave or 30 loyal ones ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020
    I know ill get roasted for wearing my firearm in a waist pack but that’s what I like for now, but look for an increase in men wearing them. Here is me at IKEA.
    Mine right now is in a sling bag. Had to get a new one just to hold everything I had in the older one plus my gun. Will definitely switch out to ccw for the winter time

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No one is going to get roasted for exercising their rights.

Being teased unmercifully about about your choice of girly man gear is almost guaranteed however

Just show up. You’ll be among like minded patriots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020
    Make sure he keeps the gun in a separate compartment, with something protecting the trigger.

Alien gear is making a Velcro backed holster for the shape shift
    my new sling have Velcro sewn into the gun compartment. Would highly recommend getting some with Velcro and on of the shape shift holster

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Two quick questions:
    1) Who are you referencing?
    2) What are you talking about?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I just came across this youtube video from 2014 of how some folks in Texas approached open carry. Seemed like reasonably fair coverage. You decide, though...

Last edited:
    Mar 3, 2021
    I’ll preface this by saying I understand everyone has their own opinions on open carry, and that’s OK. I’ve had a license to conceal carry for 15+ years outside of Maryland. I moved to Maryland a year ago and immediately got my permit here (I had a G&S reason/exemption). Other places I’ve lived open carry is very natural and common place. Majority of the time I still carried concealed however it was nice to feel comfortable in open carrying while making trips to/from the range or when hunting or during hikes when I’ve got a big pack on etc. Obviously much different climate here, especially around the populous areas.

However, today I just felt the urge to open carry while doing my errands. No particular reason. Partly I was feeling patriotic in the recent SCOTUS decision allowing others to get their permits. Partly because I just finished putting new grips on my SIG and I didn’t want to put it back in the safe right away. Partly because it was hot today and I didn’t want to shove something down the inside of my wasteband. Partly because I didn’t feel like taking my normal 380 pocket pistol that goes with me 99% of the time elsewhere. I decided you know what, this is perfectly legal, why should I feel wrong about this?

So I triple checked the prohibited places list then went out on my business. Mind you, this was around 3pm on Saturday afternoon. I first swing into HomeDepot where I needed to get some new bolts for the kids bike. Next had to make a stop at WallyWorld to get dinner supplies for the wife. Last swung into a UPS store to drop off an Amazon package return.

Guess what? All three places were jammed busy with people and nobody made a single fuss. Had one middle aged guy in Home Depot do a double take as I walked by, but that’s it. All three places I was serviced by a cashier who was helpful and had friendly conversations. Honestly the majority of people I passed didn’t even notice. Too consumed with their phones or own agendas. I was in my normal summer wardrobe which is, flip flops, cargo shorts, and a tank top.
    Today I carried my SIG P228 in a SafariLand ALS holster held up by my NexBelt.

This was the first of likely many more similar outings.
    i also carry the Sig P228 one of the best pistolas i own and love it.
    What grips did you go with?
    thanks

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

Attachments

• 4CAEB8EC-F587-48FF-A0B7-FE993BAA6AD2.jpeg
      4CAEB8EC-F587-48FF-A0B7-FE993BAA6AD2.jpeg
      220.6 KB · Views: 51

NSWTU3

Feb 12, 2009
    Just to brighten the mood…..

Attachments

• 81613BDC-11A7-4176-BE24-FBBF7A26A1A3.jpeg
      81613BDC-11A7-4176-BE24-FBBF7A26A1A3.jpeg
      49 KB · Views: 64
    Mar 3, 2021
    Extreme Series G10 grips from Hogue…
    Looks Great. I am thinking about committing a Sacrilege and getting a custom rmr cut into mine for the holosun X2 acss optic just because the optic is fuckin awesome. if you have not tried one i suggest you do.
    the only thing stopping me is my Love for this Pistol :-) haha

Last edited:

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Looks Great. I am thinking about committing a Sacrilege and getting a custom rmr cut into mine for the holosun X2 acss optic just because the optic is fuckin awesome. if you have not tried one i suggest you do.
    the only thing stopping me is my Love for this Pistol :-) haha
    I just got a 507C going on my Ruger 22/45 LITE.

HOWEVER… ive checked with 3 different places, all have said the slide on the 228 can’t be cut. Not enough material I guess?

Mar 3, 2021

HOWEVER… ive checked with 3 different places, all have said the slide on the 228 can’t be cut. Not enough material I guess?
    an armorer on the eastern shore told me he could do it. he wants $200.
    BTW he has not seen the pistol yet??

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    an armorer on the eastern shore told me he could do it. he wants $200.
    BTW he has not seen the pistol yet??
    I would caution against it… or determine exactly if your model is OK to do it. I guess some of the newer ones are.

Does yours have a removable / 2 piece firing block ?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I would not carry in a patient room. I would also disarm to make sweet love down by the fire.

I would absolutely defend the right of a Muslim man to pray at Ground Zero. Yes, child murderers should get a fair and speedy trial.
    For Boats:

I still can't get my rig comfortable enough but that's the only thing stopping me from carrying in a patient room. I'm sticking my finger in their butts not them into mine. My pants stay on (this isn't teratos' exam room). No one would know.

My rig doesn't bother me standing. I've been strapped many times already while scoping. Good thing those peeps are asleep or they might get ahold of my shootin' iron....

I do absolutely support everything else Boats mentioned. The older I get, the more my GAF is broke. If it doesn't directly impact me, it doesn't bother me. I don't care to whom or where you pray, unless it's on the road I'm driving on. I don't care who you screw unless you're trying to screw me and you're not a hot woman. I just don't care.

The only reason I don't OC in the office is I don't want to find out what our new owners would say. They are in Florida so maybe not much but I know the karens would run screaming and my ability to make money would go away and my libtard partners would want me fired. So, I don't. Around town, once I get a nice OWB, screw 'em.

Mar 3, 2021
    I would caution against it… or determine exactly if your model is OK to do it. I guess some of the newer ones are.

Does yours have a removable / 2 piece firing block ?
    Im deff not a sig armorer. My serial number looks earlier that yours
    B104 XXX.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Same slide as the P229, and I have a mounting plate and an RMR in my P229.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom