• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    By a vote of 5-2, the CC overrides the Co. Exec's veto of the proposal to implement the "rain tax".

The CE called it "unfair"... but apparently the councilmembers are in the Lord Governor's pocket.

Shows me that the new Exec is a lot more conservative than Herr Leopold, and that the council must be examined for changes.

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    Since a Federal judge has ruled that the EPA cannot order states to implement this law/tax when Virginia sued and O'Malley refuses to sue I would think a few citizens could get together and sue. Since there has already been a rulling I would think it would be a done deal.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nothing against the new county executive but this was political manipulation at its best. This was always going to be the end result.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    By a vote of 5-2, the CC overrides the Co. Exec's veto of the proposal to implement the "rain tax".

The CE called it "unfair"... but apparently the councilmembers are in the Lord Governor's pocket.

Shows me that the new Exec is a lot more conservative than Herr Leopold, and that the council must be examined for changes.

How Carroll is planning on dealing with it, they are going to give property tax credits for whatever this rain tax works out to

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

Yeah, I read that last night, cant say I'm surprised. I really don't think people care how much money the government takes from them anymore. So many people remain asleep or on the dole it makes it very hard to effect any change in leadership.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Amongst registered voters I wonder what the ratio of renters to property owners is. Seems like renters might not make the connection from tax hike to rent hike.

Considering how ownership is being discouraged, and the number of apartment complexes in the county is growing, the chance for there to be a disconnect is pretty darned high.

I tried looking up some of the voting information for the County Council, and it seems to be very much in favor of more tax/spend business as usual.

Overall, we are a reasonably wealthy county (with a growing population, thanks to BRAC), and they seem to see it as a Golden Goose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom