• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I dont know if they are going to have their normal menu either. Since it is a fundraiser they might not allow you a sit down dinner. Never been there for a fundraiser before so I can only guess. Normally if it is a fundraiser they only have what they say, in this case appetizers and "cash bar". Im probably going to go but I dont expect to get to sit and eat. And with the former first lady I expect they wont tolerate much in the way of us going on like we normally do. With our attire we might be turned away also. Wont know till we try. I'll probably wear something closer to business casual there just to be safe.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Looks like there have been nearly a half dozen of us to say we were coming (or seriously trying too). Usually there are almost that many that show up we didn't expect, so if we get even 10 that would be a pretty good turn-out.

Understand it might be a little pricy, may require a $15 donation at the door, and might not get a table or be able to eat. Might even have a bit of a dress code. I'll go straight from work, so collared shirt, will have jacket/tie in the car. This is starting to suck, but I think we are too close to change it. Next meeting, beer and pizza ok?

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Has anyone called them to find out the scoop? I'll be johnny raincloud and say that I really don't want to dress up past what I'll have one, jeans and polo, nor do I want to have to pay a cover charge and stand up the whole night.

Anything else we can do instead at the last minute?

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    I'll try to run by on the way after work tonight and ask the bartender Bobby I know that runs the patio bar if he has the scoop. I may or may not be able to make tomorrow as an out of town friend that was supposed to be here today may be here tomorrow.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Well I had a conversation with the bartender of the patio bar and he has no knowledge of any event scheduled for the outside patio. He basically said they would come to him to make sure extra bar staff was on hand for an event like that. He said more than likely it was scheduled for the "Green" room/banquet area and it would not affect the regular bar/dining or patio menu. He did say they have had a fundraiser for the owner on the patio bar, but it was mainly casual with people wearing shorts and hawaiian shirts.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ok, I just got off the phone with Erik at Kaufmann's, he said there was another group that would be there, but there is nothing 'special' going on, they routinely host groups.

Some specific questions I asked, his answers were:
    There is no cover charge.
    The all you can eat deal is still on.
    The patio will be open as normal, everything as any other weeknight, normal.
    Dress code? "no tank-tops, this is a family fish house".

I did not reserve a section or table for us, I did estimate to him my best guess was around 10-15 folks, he didn't ask for reservations or even a name of our 'no-host' social gathering. I made no mention of MDShooters, or gun-club, didn't identify our group in any way.

I'm not in charge of this, just made the phone call in response to a PM asking me questions. I'm definitely attending, hope to be there around 4-5pm, can only stay an hour or two. If anyone has more questions or wants to make reservations, please feel free to call them 410-923-2055, they sound like really friendly people.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That's funny Day Walker, you and I were typing very similar posts at the same time.

Here is a link with directions, hope to see several of you there!
    http://www.kaufmannstavern.com/directions.php

map.gif

How To Get Here
    Kaufmann's Restaurant, centrally located in Gambrills, between Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis, is the best place for great Maryland dining. Among the top Maryland Restaurants, our menu includes crabs steamed on-site, fresh seafood, steak, and prime rib - fine dining in a casual atmosphere. We have a full-service seafood market for home cooking, Kaufmann's-style. We offer a full lunch and dinner menu and complete catering facilities for weddings, wedding rehearsal dinners, birthdays, meetings, office functions, graduations, presentations, luncheons, banquets, outings, mixers, a great retirement party or crab feast featuring Maryland Crabs.

Driving Directions

From Annapolis
    Take 97 North to Exit 7 to Route 3 South Bowie.
    Turn right at 1st light (Route 175 West).
    Go 1 mile turn right onto Gambrills Road.
    We are 1/2 mile on the right.
    From Baltimore
    Take 97 South to Exit 7 to Route 3 South.
    Turn right at 1st light (Route 175 West).
    Go 1 mile, turn right onto Gambrills Road.
    From Columbia and 295
    Take Route 32 East to Burns Crossing Road Exit.
    Turn left onto Burns Crossing.
    Turn Left onto Route 175 East.
    Take a left onto Gambrills Road.
    We are 1/2 mile the the right.
    From Washington DC
    Take 95 North to Route 32 toward Fort Meade.
    Take Route 175 toward Odenton.
    Take a left (4 miles) onto Gambrills Road.
    From Route 50
    Take Route 3 North.
    Go 8 miles to Route 175 West (traffic light) and turn left.
    Go 1 mile, turn right onto Gambrills Road.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've got a doctor's appointment at 4 but will get there when I can.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    A few things came up tonight and it is looking less and less likely that I will be able to attend.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Made other plans with the wife and other friends since i thought it was gonna have a cover.Cant back out now, but i hope you guys all have a good time, drink one for me, and get home safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom