• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Outstanding! That’s my home state. I moved to the “Free” state only to watch it turn in to New Jersey South.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    "[A]t oral argument, this Court specifically pressed the State whether it had empirical evidence to suggest that concealed carry permit holders are responsible for gun crimes or an increase in gun crimes in New Jersey, which they cite as justification for the law. However, the State had no such evidence," the opinion states.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I would say more of a battle win than a war win. No win is a win until SCOTUS chimes in, and then they just start another war with us.

Nobody

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    "[A]t oral argument, this Court specifically pressed the State whether it had empirical evidence to suggest that concealed carry permit holders are responsible for gun crimes or an increase in gun crimes in New Jersey, which they cite as justification for the law. However, the State had no such evidence," the opinion states.
    That comment suggests that the court was using strict scrutiny rather that the new criteria from Bruen. It is still a big win whichever criteria they use.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    That comment suggests that the court was using strict scrutiny rather that the new criteria from Bruen. It is still a big win whichever criteria they use.
    Bad habits are hard to break.

Dean5791

Remington Fan
    Mar 25, 2010
    Great news. This is the strongest argument in CCW holders' favor. They are NOT the ones committing the crimes. It's like changing your tires when your car needs a new starter - and expect things to work.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Great news. This is the strongest argument in CCW holders' favor. They are NOT the ones committing the crimes. It's like changing your tires when your car needs a new starter - and expect things to work.
    Exactly. Glad this judge finally called out the anti gun groups bogus stats.
    Most of the other judges I’ve seen give too much deference to them and don’t ask the simple question of who is behind the increased crime rates

Blackbeard

Jan 1, 2019
    Finally and agreed, I feel like this argument is often left unstated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom