Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    We should pool resources and do this in Baltimore next time the have a buy back. $100 Giant gift card or $150-$200 cash....tough choice ;)

Defender

Jan 15, 2013
    AA county
    Besides being a waste of taxpayer money, gun buybacks don't really bother me. I can't imagine any real quality weapons get turned in for $150, and if the owners will settle for $150 in exchange I'd rather they not sell them on the streets to the wrong people.

Of course this is just a first reaction, definitely feel free to tell me what I'm missing!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle91...ncher-turned-in-a-seattle-gun-buyback/#9571-1

Here are some pictures of the event including pictures of a used manpad launcher(?) Somehow it looks like a prop to me. It looks like there was at least one really nice mauser taken in.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/FIM-43_Redeye

http://news.yahoo.com/missile-launcher-shows-seattle-gun-buyback-174331546.html

He added that the private sales of the missile launch tube and other weapons illustrate the need for comprehensive background checks as proposed by President Barack Obama, as well as other regulations at the state level.

Haha!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Im sure some good guys scored some cheap guns...but the whole premise of a gun buy back program is rediculous:sad20: "get them off the streets":sad20: criminalizing law abiding gun owners:mad54:
    Anyone giving up their working guns for $100 are idiots...Now if you have a POS gun thats not working and worth $10 sure I'd take the $100 but in most cases these guns that are traded for the $100 gift card are worth WAAAAAY more than $100:sad20::sad20: I think it boils down to the entitlement generation...They would rather get $100 right now rather than wait a month or even a shorter period if you put an ad in the paper...and get 1.5 to 2 times or even more what the gun was paid for. :sad20:

Also typically its the law abiding that are turning in guns...not the criminals:sad20::mad54:

Mofiki

Dec 16, 2012
    it's not that hard to get ahold of an expended AT-4. Just make friends with an ammo troop

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom