• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    I dont understand why guns get picked on so much. Newtown couldve of easily been a bombing and killed more people than were killed. Look at Oklahoma City back in 1998. These shootings are small in the amount of people killed compared to other murders that did not involve firearms. People are killed everyday and much of that percentage is traffic accidents and drunk driving, not gun related murders. And god forbid somebody gets a hold of or makes nerve gas or biological weapons. Ban guns and people with blood lust might turn to more deadly methods of taking their anger out. But even on the battlefield, the gun is more of a defensive weapon than offensive. Most people are killed by artillery, bombs, grenades, IEDs etc. "Small arms" don't account for the majority of casualties in war. I think its just the "terror" of someone who kills a bunch of people up close and personal, that drives people to demand gun control. Of course the media helps that like saying shooter at the Navy Yard had an AR 15 shotgun when he had an R 870 shotgun. I also suspect some of the movies out there secretly send an anti-gun message out to its viewers. I've seen movies where a character is portrayed as a gun enthusiast like many of us , own ton of guns ,and then go out and murder a mess of people.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I dont understand why guns get picked on so much. .

Guns are picked on because its a convenient excuse to eliminate the ONLY means that citizens ultimately possess in order to ensure that they remain citizens instead of subjects

Without firearms the US would have been Venezuela/Argentina or some eastern block soviet equivalent long long ago

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    The "Colt AR-15 A3" is also the Colt 6721 right?? The 6721 is marked HBAR on the Barrel. This does not make sense. Now the MSP are allowing _any_ HBAR that passes the "Evil Feature" test, even if they are not marked "HBAR", and as long as the Manufacturer advertises the rilfe as a "Heavy Barrel" rifle.

Am I missing something??? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom