• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I've been shopping with JBO for about 18 months now. With the exception of one order all have arrived within 3-4 days (generally faster) and I've been exceptionally pleased.

The one order that did not, one item was shown in stock (my experience is JBO does not allow back orders) however due to demand it was not in stock when the order was packed. They contacted me quickly, and we agreed to keep the order pending that part. A few months later (the original order was placed in December of last year) I placed a order for some other items and requested the remaining items be put in the box with the other order while the back ordered part was, well still back ordered. All arrived as normal and JBO was great again.

I checked in a few times via email to check on the part and the vendor was behind.

So here we are- getting close to Oct, and I figured I'd parlay the credit from the part ~$45 in to three stripped lowers. So I chat online and they are happy to cancel my back ordered part and credit my account for its value. I place the order for the lowers and send the FFL info over.

About 45 min later my phone rings, it's a Hays KS number. I'm thinking I screwed up the FFL information on my order. Joseph was calling. He was friendly, polite and wanted to tell me that about 30 min ago, my back ordered part had arrived. He gave me back story on the company that manufactures it, and saw that I had already cancelled the order for to parlay in to the lowers. Well, Joseph "made me an offer I couldn't refuse" (well I could have) and not only did he take care of me, but went above and beyond what I would expect from a retailer in this environment.

I picked up the lowers from my FFL after the standard delay, and got the back ordered part as well. As a result I've told this story to several people that are in to firearms in person that are not on MDS and they have made purchases there. I know most on MD shooters that have used JBO have had a great experience and I wanted to share my GREAT experience. They got a life long customer (so long as MD allows me to keep buying stuff- and while I remain in this state. )

Thanks again Joseph- your customer service is exceptional, and you've got a customer for life.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Thanks for the orders!

Backorder scenarios with us should be a rare thing since we don't allow backorders. In this case, a stock discrepancy combined with a manufacturer being very backed up caused an incredibly long backlog. We don't allow backorders because of the inability to get the customers their products quickly.

The odds that you would decide to cancel the backorder on the day we received the backordered item was incredibly slim. I had overhead employees discussing the backorder being canceled earlier in the day and I was a bit disappointed in the timing. I didn't feel it was right to ask you for money on a product that we had backordered for many months with no ETA.

We appreciate the positive feedback and your continued support. Let us know if you need anything else in the future! :thumbsup:

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I'm pretty excited about my first JBO order. Placed it over the weekend and I can't wait to get those Magpul and RRA parts to finish up a few lowers! Good to hear another positive review!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks for the orders!

Backorder scenarios with us should be a rare thing since we don't allow backorders. In this case, a stock discrepancy combined with a manufacturer being very backed up caused an incredibly long backlog. We don't allow backorders because of the inability to get the customers their products quickly.

The odds that you would decide to cancel the backorder on the day we received the backordered item was incredibly slim. I had overhead employees discussing the backorder being canceled earlier in the day and I was a bit disappointed in the timing. I didn't feel it was right to ask you for money on a product that we had backordered for many months with no ETA.

We appreciate the positive feedback and your continued support. Let us know if you need anything else in the future! :thumbsup:

Thanks again Joseph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom