• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yup. Even more so, they saw through Brown's complete ineptness at being a manager, which is the primary function of a governor.

This election had zero to do with any gun laws. The fact that our circles intersect is a good thing, but we'd be deluding ourselves by thinking that this election was decided based on 2A issues.

This.

Exactly.

Electing Hogan is the single greatest achievement 'we' the people of this great state have mustered in as many years. Now, lets leave him be for a spell, so he can go about fixing the most important things. As he said repeatedly, 'gun issues' are not a top priority. Lets just take solace in the fact that he is family man and supports the Constitution including our founding fathers interpretation of the Second Amendment.

I'm confident that Larry will set a precedence that is in favor of law-abiding gun owners and make it 'tough as hell' on criminals (gangs/drugs), when it comes to firearms issues. I fully expect him to veto any bill that slips through the cracks that doesn't speak to the same.

Let's make Maryland a better place.

Thanks to everyone for making all our dreams a reality.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    One of the big problems that I saw was that all the delegates in Montgomery County had "F" ratings from NRA but no one opposed them. We need to have candidates to oppose them even if they do no campaigning other than a web site and possess a high NRA rating. The lack of any challengers just creates an invincible attitude.

So, get involved with you local Republican Committee in MoCo and see if you can help them find candidates to run against the incumbents.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My arguement for Quinn is just that I would hope more 2a guys would want to vote for a candidate who said he is for eliminating the AR band and ccws for citizens.

Im prob just not good at pandering to the electorates in MD.

And how would Quinn eliminate the AR ban, since he wouldn't be able to pass a bill? The AR ban is written in law, passed by the legislature.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And how would Quinn eliminate the AR ban, since he wouldn't be able to pass a bill? The AR ban is written in law, passed by the legislature.

A good reason NOT to vote for Quinn. If he said those things, he doesn't understand the powers or limitations of his office.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    My arguement for Quinn is just that I would hope more 2a guys would want to vote for a candidate who said he is for eliminating the AR band and ccws for citizens.

AR band is ok:rolleyes:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I saw a lot more people do more than vote this time around. People were active. There was a sense that they personally needed to work to make things change. A significant part of the disenchantment, I think, emanates from people in DC. That's the fuel, regardless of the state or race.

Yet capitalizing on that sentiment takes local talent. Before the vote, a campaign needs dedicated people early. I think 2013 minted an enclave of people, ready to work. Hell, MSI actually held sessions at the capitol on how to become a citizen activist, and every single one was standing room only!

I think the nexus between guns and MD 2014 is probably limited to what I was talking about: many people who finally stood up and said, "enough" got their start in 2013 Annapolis. They got active and started working to make the change. That is of course in addition to the general understanding that anyone voting guns was not going to vote for O'Malley's LT.

MSI is not the only group who added active members. Keep in mind our entire officer cadre were not officers in 2013, and with the exception of our VP, were not even a part of MSI at the time. As a matter of fact, some officers past and present actually came from one of those other groups I mentioned, after they merged with MSI. I think I and Greg were the last guys from the pre-2013 era to step aside. I am still on the board, but all executive action is with new blood.

My point is limited: a lot of people got active in 2013 because of gun control, that might otherwise have sat back and just wished someone would do something. Everywhere I go, new people are active. That level of sweat equity is required of any successful campaign.

On a side note, I am glad to say that MSI is larger and more mature now, and is not dependent upon me - or any other officer - for its survival. It has a strong board and the most active officer corps I have ever seen. Passing the torch to Dan was easy, and relatively painless for the org. Not every group can say that. That bodes well, going forward.

You are right. I am one of them. I had previously voted but in 2013 I stood in the cold and brought a number of people along with me thanks to you, this forum, and my frustration with this state.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Look at it this way. Suppose the FSA2013 was actually the FSA2015. There's 8 more republicans in the house and 2 more in the senate with a republican governor. Long time stalwarts in the senate and house have retired or are no longer in a legislative seat.

Does the FSA2015 pass in the same form as the version we know today? Doubtful. It's possible it wouldn't even pass at all, even if a veto override were attempted. The FSA2013 got watered down substantially despite the heavily democratic makeup.

We need to remain as vigilant as ever, as it has been working. Having said that, we've gained potential allies and have certainly gained more momentum. Cool heads have got us where we are and will take us even further as we go forward. Inauguration day is still over 2 months away...

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    That's good advice to correct that situation in PG too.
    Kenn Blanchard is about as good as you can get and he got outnumbered 95/5% because he ran as GOP. The other GOP candidate who ran in PG for council also got the same treatment.

I guess some places are one-party, and will remain that way no matter what we do. I'd vote for Kenn regardless of party, and I think most people who hear him would vote for him. He's smart, engaged and principled. He's open to everyone and...well, just the kind of guy you'd want to represent you.

It's team sports over there.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Let's all not forget that in 2 years we have Congressional seats again.

And this is precisely why we shouldn't be rocking any boats right now.

Let's try and get a few more Republicans in Annapolis first.

Once people see that we are not a bunch of radical gun clingers, we may sway a few more to come over to our side.

Then in February of 2017 we can drop the hammer and go all gun crazy up in here-up in here...

Mr H

Banana'd
    Kenn Blanchard is about as good as you can get and he got outnumbered 95/5% because he ran as GOP. The other GOP candidate who ran in PG for council also got the same treatment.

I guess some places are one-party, and will remain that way no matter what we do. I'd vote for Kenn regardless of party, and I think most people who hear him would vote for him. He's smart, engaged and principled. He's open to everyone and...well, just the kind of guy you'd want to represent you.

It's team sports over there.

My wife counts herself fortunate to have had an opportunity to invite Rev. Blanchard to her school for a chat last summer, while she was getting her room in order.

He sat with her, 1:1, in a little teeny pre-K chair ;) for nearly 3 hours, eager to understand the educational system in PG and that district.

I seriously doubt the jackwagon he was trying to unseat would do the same.

She came away impressed, and in my email correspondence with him (we've yet to go pull some triggers), I've come away impressed.

So, yeah... he's very good people, and would have made a difference (which is probably why he got thunmped :().

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not at all!!

Now we begin communicating... and not just with each other for a change.

Let Analpolis know that we understand this election was hardly a mandate (cite key races, like Busch), and that the people are more aware and encouraged than ever.

Honestly, we are pretty much where I had hoped we'd be at this point. A few less Rs in key seats, but we can live there for now.

Action comes later, yes... but for now, we communicate.

ETA...

This is where we have fallen short in the past.

Yes, we have great organizations fighting for us... But many of us seem to forget that WE are those organizations, too, and have every right (if not an expectation) to speak our piece to our representatives (whether we voted for them or not, they still work for us).

This is far from over, and IMO "they have us right where we want them".

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Once people see that we are not a bunch of radical gun clingers, we may sway a few more to come over to our side.

Then in February of 2017 we can drop the hammer and go all gun crazy up in here-up in here...

:thumbsup:

Long game.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Two years does not change anything in Annapolis, just Washington.

But two years gives us time to get more folks behind Bongino in the 6th and perhaps close the gaps in the 2nd, 3rd and 8th districts. All of those were won by less than 40K total. And while seems like a large number, we have two years to work on it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Quinn was not electable so a vote for him was a vote wasted. My vote is too precious to waste on making a "statement".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom