• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skb675

a gun "nut"
    Feb 14, 2013
    rural md
    I don't want to come off as insensitive, but the justification for all this legislation and regulation as being "for the safety of the children" is getting a little stale.

How long can Newtown be used as a trigger? I wholeheartedly agree that it's tragic, but it was the actions of ONE PERSON (possibly unbalanced at that.) The media calls the NRA eploitive and racist when they quote facts. Then they trot out kids and families from Connecticut at every press event they can. How is it wrong for one side of the fence but not for the other?

I can only hope that people will finally wise up and start to think for themselves. Emotions are not reason enough for these actions. Criminals don't obey laws. That's why they're called criminals.

Keep up the fight. Maybe we'll finally wear them down.

Venting over for now....

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Every time I hear "for the children" I realize that somehow, some way, I'm getting screwed. I keep telling people they need to quit worrying about the future and worry about the right now. We don't need to worry about social security for the children, we need to worry that it won't even be around for us. We need to stop worrying about how pollution will affect the children, and start worrying about how it is killing us right now. etc etc.

Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    What? I'm all for the safety of our children. I mean who else is gonna do the laundry, mow the lawn, take the trash out and clean the house for us until they turn 18, if we don't keep them safe? lol

Chaos_Being

Feb 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'm also tired of hearing that all of this proposed gun control is to "protect the children," and seeing politicians surrounding themselves with children. It's the worst sort of political grandstanding and preying upon people's emotions. It's pimping for a political agenda. But I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here... And this is coming from someone who doesn't even particularly like children (no offense to those who have kids, of course ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom