• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Besides the never-ending reloading sessions I haven't spent any time actually "finishing" my bench structure in a while. I had a bunch of scrap plywood and other odds and ends left over from our carport project so I figured the bench needed a Christmas addition -> a press cabinet.

Now the plan is to begin enclosing in all the cabinets on the main bench and above with facing and doors to match the press cabinet. Doing that will take some time, but it's a matter of building doors and installing them one cabinet at a time.

Here's the project as it began last Friday, a couple of in between pics and what it looks like today. Not bad for what once was a pile of scrap wood.

:)

Attachments

• Ell DSC00606.jpg
      Ell DSC00606.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 588
    • Ell DSC00608.jpg
      Ell DSC00608.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 593
    • Ell DSC00615.jpg
      Ell DSC00615.jpg
      45.5 KB · Views: 583
    • Ell DSC00675.jpg
      Ell DSC00675.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 582
    • Ell DSC00676.jpg
      Ell DSC00676.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 582

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The entire area looks a little better now that I cleaned up most of the sawdust, trash and put some tools away. As you can see There is a lot of bench and cabinets left to face and plenty more cabinet doors to build and install.

I plan to install bulk bullet storage shelves in the center section under the window which will get most of the clutter of the bench surface. I may replace the existing freebee pantry on the right with a home built one designed to better store my dies, bullet molds and other reloading gear. More and better lighting is waiting to install and I gotta get the wood finish and wall painting done. And there's the new roll-about casting station I have in mind. In the meantime...reloading has to go on so I can feed my toys.

Geez, it's always something.

:innocent0

Attachments

• DSC00677.jpg
      DSC00677.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 556
    Last edited:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    do you have a heater out in the garage? I'd imagine it gets cold out there

Mountain Hooligans don't need no garage heaters. They get acclimated. :innocent0 The temp in the garage never gets below about 35. That's plenty warm enough. When you get to working it sometimes gets too hot because I put all that insulation behind the drywall before I started.

He doesn't need heat. He has the a/c set up there to blow on his feet.

That's the ticket! I've learned some tricks from the Hooligan who wears T-Shirts and shorts pretty much year round. :thumbsup:

;)

Attachments

• Insulation DSC05230.jpg
      Insulation DSC05230.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 436

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    One small footnote...

You might have noticed a small cardboard box sitting on the cabinet in the pics I posted of today's progress. Actually there is a reason it's there -> a little weight in certain spots is good while the glue dries...:innocent0

But! We've all been told scavenging wheel weight lead is a waste of time... Right?

Here's what's in that little box. Guaranteed 3%! :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00678.jpg
      DSC00678.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 425

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Oh how I miss a garage or basement. What the the 2 small stands in front of the door? They look like I could make them work in my limited space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom