• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Hey you Hooligans,
    Many of you will recognize where I stopped for lunch today. I was so close to a certain place I had to stop there too.
    Where was I?
    :D

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
      IMG_0120.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 391
    • IMG_0121.jpg
      IMG_0121.jpg
      53.7 KB · Views: 319
    • IMG_0122.jpg
      IMG_0122.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 406

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I was there on Saturday to restock supplies just for pistol rounds! Notice they dont have anymore Large Pistol Primers, or Win231 & HP38?.... I got the last of it :party29: Had to get some more supplies to go with ALL those 45ACP cases Jeff & I scored at the range a couple weeks ago. I just cant keep up with all those 45 cases.

Its a good thing I have 2 dwelling units on my property, the other 5 pounds of powder will store nicely in it! :party29:

Attachments

• POWDER.jpg
      POWDER.jpg
      145.9 KB · Views: 283
    • SSPRIMERS.jpg
      SSPRIMERS.jpg
      136.8 KB · Views: 297

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    By the way ... look at your can of "Clays" it is not 1lb!

Clays is only 14oz of powder. Kinda dumb that they do that, but it does take very little amount of Clays compaired to other powders, so you probably will get equal loadings as a full pound.

Titegroup takes a smaller charge, but is a full pound.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    By the way ... look at your can of "Clays" it is not 1lb!

Clays is only 14oz of powder. Kinda dumb that they do that, but it does take very little amount of Clays compaired to other powders, so you probably will get equal loadings as a full pound.

Titegroup takes a smaller charge, but is a full pound.

Under normal circumstances that would explain why the price per can is cheaper than say Win231. That's OK...It'll load a lot of .45acp. :)

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Under normal circumstances that would explain why the price per can is cheaper than say Win231. That's OK...It'll load a lot of .45acp. :)

Yup that powder works in a wide bunch of pistol rounds. I think 9mm, 38's 45ACP, 45LC. It does yield a lower pressure then say 231. Im curious to see if its dirty or clean. It is a very fast powder.

Just make sure you use "Clays" data, and not Universal Clays which is NOT the same powder!

I think current load data lists Universal Clays, as "Universal" to avoid the mix up.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Joe did you get stuck in traffic on I-68 in WV? They closed 68 down past Hazelton this morning because of 2 wrecks. A snow squall dumped a quick 4 plus inches of snow and made the roads a mess. My SIL had to turn around this morning because of it.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    If you get in a pinch on LR primers, I've got your back.
    ;)

I might have to take you up on that, I've got a busy weekend ahead so if I'm going it'll have to be tomorrow. My wife wants to go out there anyway, maybe I can talk her into a half day tomorrow, she won't do the burger joint, she'll want Outback.

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Nice score in today's right supplies. Been trying to find Win231 and LP primers everywhere to no avail.

So where did you eat? Looks like a Hardee's or some other fast food joint

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    Joe did you get stuck in traffic on I-68 in WV? They closed 68 down past Hazelton this morning because of 2 wrecks. A snow squall dumped a quick 4 plus inches of snow and made the roads a mess. My SIL had to turn around this morning because of it.

I don't miss that one bit. 25 years in Garrett County was enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom