A gun you've shipped back to the manufacturer for service goes missing in transit, then what..??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I sent something USPS (Certified/Return Receipt). I followed the tracking as it went from my PO to the destination PO (not to the individual it was supposed to go to). It said "out for delivery" for 3 days. Person it was supposed to go to contacted his PO who said they didn't have it - after checking their building. I then went to my PO who told me they did what they were supposed to (deliver from one PO to the other PO). I said no, it was supposed to go to this address. The Postmaster came out and told me that they only guarantee from PO to PO not to a specific address. We "discussed" that policy a little more, before they refunded the cost to me - I think they did that because the line was getting long.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    UPDATE: The USPS tracking portal is still showing "Awaiting Delivery Scan" but I called the manufacturers service facility and they did in fact receive it on Monday.

They are going to repair/or replace it with a new one at their discretion, and ship it back on their dime within 3 to 5 business days, and I will receive a refund for my shipping cost to send it to them.

So it's all good and thanks for all the replies and suggestions. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom