• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n1111tr0

Jul 9, 2008
    Belcamp
    I just picked up a galil, well a "golani" and i have a few questions. First with the front sight. The sight adjustment screws are off set the rear screw is on the left and the front screw is on the right. When the screws are tightened play in the dove tail that the front sight post sits allows a slight cant to the left. Is this normal for this type of rifle? Any ideas of how to fix it? My second question is where can I find a side scope mount that is of good quality that will stay put! I know that they make quad rail systems for the galil but its a little bit too "tacticool" for me.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Many of the Golani's have a canted front sight...chances are the gas tube is not on straight. You can go to uzitalk.com, then Galil forum, and read all about it. I would also rcommend you send it back (if you can), otherwise it'll have to go to a 'smith.

n1111tr0

Jul 9, 2008
    Belcamp
    naaahhh. the gas tube is straight. i took the front sight off and looked at it. i can make the front sight straight it only gets messed up when i torque down the screws that are responsible for sight adjustment. it seems that there is too much play in the dove tail in which the front sight sits. some shims to remove the play will prob fix it. it doesnt matter that much anyway. i found an aimpoint online for 250 bucks and a nice imi 30mm side scope mount so the sights are going to be more for aesthetics than anything whenever that comes in. i ll probably only zero them once and call it a day.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    There were reports that the Recievers are not milled correctly on the Golani's to fit galil scope mounts. IIRC from when i owned one. Also, Scope mounts are about as rare as the AR mag adapters.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    naaahhh. the gas tube is straight. i took the front sight off and looked at it. i can make the front sight straight it only gets messed up when i torque down the screws that are responsible for sight adjustment. it seems that there is too much play in the dove tail in which the front sight sits. some shims to remove the play will prob fix it. it doesnt matter that much anyway. i found an aimpoint online for 250 bucks and a nice imi 30mm side scope mount so the sights are going to be more for aesthetics than anything whenever that comes in. i ll probably only zero them once and call it a day.

Let us know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom