• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Ok, it's time to speak up folks. All of us, every single one of us MDS members.

We sit here day after day, having to live with the consequences of what happens down in Annapolis. And having plenty to say about it here on MDS. Here's a chance to make a difference...

There are 30 pieces of firearms related legislation on the table down in Annapolis in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 4th.

I hereby challenge every member here to do ONE or BOTH of the following:
    ***. Make plans to attend the hearing on Tuesday
    ***. Submit written testimony for ONE or MORE of the bills being proposed

Here's an event thread with all the details on the hearing and bills :

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=144777

Can't go on Tuesday? Take a few minutes, find a bill you can get behind or can't live with and send in written testimony - we have made this incredibly easy for you.

Here's a written testimony thread chock full of ideas, information, samples and research that your fellow members have pitched in to provide along with instructions for sending and having the testimony printed:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=146692

What are YOU going to do?

Attachments

• image-862204965.jpg
      image-862204965.jpg
      10.2 KB · Views: 537
    • image-667759990.jpg
      image-667759990.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 515
    Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good mornin' :)

Hey - I am really jammed today with regular work, but after reading your inspiring post I am going to spend a little time drafting up another piece of written testimony (for 521). I'll post it on the thread with my HB36 testimony. AND I intend to be there on Tuesday.

So MDS please, even if you can't write in advance and be there in person, try to do one or the other. Every little bit counts.

Obviously I am joking but this is the mentality we need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvH-7lcjb0

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am very encouraged to see the involvement this session...

But we're far from done. Tuesday's hearings will be vital to the goal of turning our state around.

Last Wednesday's hearings before the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee went very well. We were heard, we made impressions, and opened some eyes.

The thoroughness of the testimony was very impressive, and it's time to do it again.

Pick one or two bills from the list, and send in some written testimony. Then, be available to give oral testimony... even if it is as simple as "I support (or oppose) this bill."

If nothing else, show up and fill the hearing room, and make it so that they have to accommodate a crowd they didn't expect.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Good morning' to you, too! It is a fine day for pecking out a few words to enlighten the legicritters. Managed to send off about a hundred pages yesterday and hope to top that today.

Weather forecast is for ten inches of snow. Can we match that with ten inches of paper? I hope so!

10". Pfft. Let's make 'em have to use at least one hand truck to haul the stack in. :)

And allocate all the overflow rooms in the building for us.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Would love to hear a report on how many people actually show up for each hearing

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Fortunately I had free time on Thursday and Friday so I put together a single page of testimony on all but two bills. Still trying to make sense of those. Still plan to be there.

With Andi and crews offer to make all copies, there's no excuse not to get involved.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Can’t come to Annapolis Tuesday but I did Send emails to both sides of the Maryland House and Senate pointing out the bills I support and one’s I don’t. Asking for their help and vote.

Hope to someday get the duty name Democrat off my name for now its a necessary evil.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This thread is still on page 1????

What's a Lil firecracker gotta do to light a fire 'round here?

Offer a cookie karma?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I sent off all the ones I had lead draft upon. I would have done more reediting of the rest of the drafts , but real life and double overtime got in the way. I left notes for Mrs Biggfoot to type up another to send off before heading to work in a cpl hours.

And I'm looking forewards to cookies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom