• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    I'm relatively new here and to owning firearms in general. I'm a bit confused to the current rifle laws in MD and I can't find much info anywhere. Other than short barreled rifles, what are current restrictions on rifles and what does MD classify as an assault weapon? the only thing I could find was a restriction on .50 BMG rifles.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm relatively new here and to owning firearms in general. I'm a bit confused to the current rifle laws in MD and I can't find much info anywhere. Other than short barreled rifles, what are current restrictions on rifles and what does MD classify as an assault weapon? the only thing I could find was a restriction on .50 BMG rifles.

Well, tell us what you're looking to buy?

Basically, anything scary or cool looking is on the soon-to-be-banned evil gun list, with a few exceptions.

Dec 31, 2012
    It's not really for something to buy, just general information. I already know about the upcoming ban. I guess what I'm asking for is information regarding what currently makes a rifle "regulated" in MD

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's not really for something to buy, just general information. I already know about the upcoming ban. I guess what I'm asking for is information regarding what currently makes a rifle "regulated" in MD

There's a list.

If it's on the list it's regulated. If it isnt then it isnt.

No features test on the current law.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    If you take the upcoming "assault long gun" list and change that to "regulated", then you have what makes a rifle regulated in MD. It's just a list.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is a list of specifically regulated , and a shorter list of specifically notregulated. And the infamous phrase " and copycats thereof " .

The list is from the early '90s when ignorant legislators ( probably staffers thereof ) flipped thru a Shooters Bible and pointed their finger at anything that looked sorta scarey .about half the list was rarely seen then, and collector trivia question now.

The confusing part is what is and is not a copycat of somthing banned , and likewise a is or is not a copycat of somthing specufically allowed.

Many dealers either from unfamilarity with firearms designs , and engineering history of various guns would default to treating anything evil looking as regulated to cover themselves. Before the backlog this was *only* a moderate irritation and inconvience. Now thru Oct 1 is a major inconvience. After Oct 1 is critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom