• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Was that via his request line? I haven't seen him post one on his recent updates.

The only thing stopping me from getting one is the mag issue. I have been looking for mags when I'm out of state, but haven't had any luck finding them yet. Once I can get a standard capacity mag, I will probably start looking for the gun.

At the last Oaks gun show I found a vendor that had one magazine so I grabbed it. Now have 5 standard cap mags for my 2 CZ 82's. Didn't find any at York today.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Here she is.

9125aa4a8649de3a27284c1a311f70a1.jpg

910d9129f66b1dba8aa10d62dafeda1f.jpg

bb5c50f99bf009f1835183fbeb6e8bfb.jpg

That's a nice one. I have bought 5 or 6 different CZ82's and never got a lanyard with any of them.

A couple came with these black PRAHA holsters and mag pouches, which are great for wearing for open carry.
    CZ82HOLMAGBLK.JPG

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Abulg, that is a great looking CZ82. I've never seen one so pristine.

That thumb break holster and mag holder is great. Mine are just broken in.

I got several of these shoulder holsters, too.

That's a great idea. Several years ago, I read about using some kind of metal dye to tint the cases, but haven't seen anything lately.

JoeR

For marking cases, try Dykem Red or Blue.
    http://www.amazon.com/Red-oz-Can-Brush-Cap/dp/B002SLJIDO#

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I was just looking at forum threads about people's ways of marking brass. One guy uses a food irradiation oven to (mildly) ionize the brass, and then uses a Geiger counter to find it.

LOL, wow.

That's what I need for finding my Tokarev and Mak brass when I shoot at my friend's range in the grass and leaves!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There was very little effort involved. All he did was spray them in the tray the primers come in and loaded them as normal.

My Federal and Rem come boxed on their side, so that wouldn't work. CCI and Win are firing side down.

Disclaimer, this may not be the current packaging.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The cheapest way I've found to feed my 9x18's is trim a millimeter off free 9x19 range cases and load them with Berry's plated bullets. They shoot as well as any factory rounds I've fired and are cheap, cheap cheap.

I experimented with this and the rounds were too narrow to headspace correctly.

How did you accomplish this?

I had assumed after seating the projectile that it would be wide enough at least at the front and then fire form- but no

The brass is too thin and it pushes too far into the bore, at least in my CZ-82s.

Slightly better results in my P64, but I am afraid to shoot them

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

I had assumed after seating the projectile that it would be wide enough at least at the front and then fire form- but no

The brass is too thin and it pushes too far into the bore, at least in my CZ-82s.

Were you using .365" projectiles, or .355"?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

As mentioned, you need mak bullets which are larger diameter than luger bullets.

Make sure you cut the cases down to about .005 less than the max for a mak (.713-.005=.708 for example).
    Expand
    Size
    Expand again

Some people will expand heavily on a mak expanding die really flaring it out, then run the Mak sizer, then cut down, then run sizer again, then expand.

1mm is alot of brass to cut so I use a socket adaptor I cut to run my bench top lyman trimmer.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    This thread made me go out and get a CZ-82. Based on Aubulg1972's info, I sent Dennis an email at Empire Arms and he still had a few available. He will also ship the 2 mags to a standard capacity friendly state.

So earlier this week it arrived and I just got back from a quick range trip. It shoots great and it didn't have any problems with a box of 50 steel case mak.

i-CjN54X4-L.jpg

The import mark is more than I would like, but I'm very happy with it.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    This thread made me go out and get a CZ-82. Based on Aubulg1972's info, I sent Dennis an email at Empire Arms and he still had a few available. He will also ship the 2 mags to a standard capacity friendly state.

So earlier this week it arrived and I just got back from a quick range trip. It shoots great and it didn't have any problems with a box of 50 steel case mak.

i-CjN54X4-L.jpg

The import mark is more than I would like, but I'm very happy with it.

You'd think that the white pen operator would have decided to not fill in the import mark.

05df9d7037f67ae279892f9704eff06c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom