• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Been debating getting their "Membership" for their discounts... They legit? Or is most of their seemingly good deals crap? Found them lookin for a Teepee Tent. You bought much from them? --JB

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Grabbed a case. Hopefully they won't send me an email later with "lolz, we really were out of it".

I've noticed 9mm prices cratering this week; I'm hoping this means we're finally seeing those go back to normal-ish territory like 7.62x39 did.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As for membership, if you buy a lot of ammo from them, it's worth every penny and then some. With the additional coupons, free shipping (sometimes), and general discount, they are more often than not the cheapest game in town.

I'm definitely re-upping my membership in 2014 - the panic will be over, and it'll be time to BUY.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    I ordered 1000 rnds of .223 from SG back in March and I just got an email for the fifth time changing the ship date. Its ********.......Im tempted to cancel.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Been debating getting their "Membership" for their discounts... They legit? Or is most of their seemingly good deals crap? Found them lookin for a Teepee Tent. You bought much from them? --JB

They are legit. Prices are what you see and they always have "coupons" for cash off or free shipping.
    If you do join decline the first few offers. They will give you a better deal.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Grabbed a case. Hopefully they won't send me an email later with "lolz, we really were out of it".

They have never canceled any of my orders, but they will back order them. I have stuff on backorder from January that has had the expected date moved back several times.
    The good thing is they do not charge until they ship and it’s very easy to cancel.

My MO is if the price is good I buy. If I find it somewhere else at a better price or I don’t want/need it anymore I can always cancel.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

I've noticed 9mm prices cratering this week; I'm hoping this means we're finally seeing those go back to normal-ish territory like 7.62x39 did.

****I got a case a few days ago when the same ammo came up on GunBot. I was informed today they expect it to ship in 2-3 weeks. It's no biggie as it is a fantastic price compared to other available stuff at the moment. I am in their buyers club and they send me coupons all the time, special deals, etc.. It's been worth it for me.

Ultimate Member
    I guess you can trust SG. I had an ammo order take 3 weeks from PSA, emailed them and the next day they replied sorry and said my order was sent out. The ammo arrived that week.

Also SG is tied to the NRA so I hope the NRA would not screw us.

this is the recent email I got from the NRA:

Dear NRA Member,

Sportsman's Guide has long been a supporter of the NRA and our goal to defend our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Because you are an NRA Member, they would like to offer you a special discount on select Sportsman's Guide gear. This offer is ONLY available to NRA members and for a limited time only. For offer details, please click on the coupon above and take advantage of this special offer.

Thank you for your support of NRA. Thank you for your support of our Second Amendment rights.

Sincerely,

Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President

I have not ordered from them, but if the price is right on bear /wolf ammo I'll buy from any reputable dealer. I usually buy ~2K rounds at a time of common stuff (9mm, .40, 45, .223., 7.62x39, 7.62x54, .308, .22, etc)

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    I ordered 1000 rnds of .223 from SG back in March and I just got an email for the fifth time changing the ship date. Its ********.......Im tempted to cancel.

I got 1000 round of 7.62x39 for $220 thought it was just regular wolf and it was wolf wpa hollow point I ordered it in late april and it was supposed to be on back order until late july but it showed up 2 weeks after I ordered It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom