• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I believe they are sold as a rifle lower thus only 4473 and not hql paperwork so no on pistol I'm guessing.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I believe they are sold as a rifle lower thus only 4473 and not hql paperwork so no on pistol I'm guessing.

Pretty sure lowers are entered as "other", but I'll let someone else more knowledgeable chime in.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    My nearest shop/range called MSP on this, took them 3 days to get the right person, but they a got a definite yes, C&C gun. They hadn't been carrying them as they thought they were illegal. They are probably the most conservative shop I know of but now know they can sell them.

As an aside, in talking to them about getting RRA in that cal since it's a dedicated lower they told me that RRA will not ship ANY GUNS to MD. When they were at the SHOT Show RRA wouldn't even talk to them when they found out they were from MD. So if you are thinking of buying any parts from RRA I would think again and spend your money someplace else. Glad I sold my RRA AR during the rush. Only sorry I'm still stuck with 2 lowers. I wouldn't buy a screw from them.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Bought some AR springs, pins and bolt catch from RRA before and my total came to $24.99. Right after I checked out, I noticed that they were running free shipping if you buy $25 or more so I called them to see if I can add a pin or spring to get over $25. Nope, once an order is submitted it is final. Can't cancel it either due to 20% restocking fee. Asked how much was shipping since it's TBD when I checked out and I was told they don't know until my order is shipped. Order arrived 2 weeks after placing it and I was charged $13.95 for something that would have easily fit in a small envelope. Never again.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    My nearest shop/range called MSP on this, took them 3 days to get the right person, but they a got a definite yes, C&C gun. They hadn't been carrying them as they thought they were illegal. They are probably the most conservative shop I know of but now know they can sell them.

As an aside, in talking to them about getting RRA in that cal since it's a dedicated lower they told me that RRA will not ship ANY GUNS to MD. When they were at the SHOT Show RRA wouldn't even talk to them when they found out they were from MD. So if you are thinking of buying any parts from RRA I would think again and spend your money someplace else. Glad I sold my RRA AR during the rush. Only sorry I'm still stuck with 2 lowers. I wouldn't buy a screw from them.

That's not true - they ship HBAR AR-15s to Maryland all the time. My dealer said they have about a 2 month backlog though.

Not sure if they ship 9mm, but I wouldn't blame them for refusing given the convoluted law that has been passed.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The dealer I spoke with is a high volume dealer and used to sell a lot of RRA and RRA definitely told them they would not ship MD or they would still be carrying them. So a lot of conflicting info as usual. I just know they would carry them if they could order them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom