• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I was "Helping" a guy this past Sunday and he showed me his $95 dollar .22 caliber conversion for the AR15 that was just a simple swapping out the bolt type of thing.

Anybody have a link to such a thing?

Christmas is coming and I need to by my AR a present!

Thanks

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I was "Helping" a guy this past Sunday and he showed me his $95 dollar .22 caliber conversion for the AR15 that was just a simple swapping out the bolt type of thing.

Thanks

Check with Pat Wheeler of the Full Auto Club. I think he has a similar set-up!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Thanks

Keep us posted. This sounds like something I won't be able to do without!

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    CMMG makes a great conversion kit. I've never seen them for $95 but it is most likely what your friend had, or close to it. Generally they go for around $140 with one magazine if you shop around a little.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/24...ne-22-long-rifle-matte?cm_vc=2546BrandPopProd

I have one of the stainless steel versions and it runs great. It's a little more money but its worth it in my opinion. Stainless steel just makes it so much easier to keep clean.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...-round-magazine-22-long-rifle-stainless-steel

I use mine in a dedicated 22lr suppressed upper I put together for my registered SBR lower.
    IMAG0282.jpg

Theres a ton of videos about them on YouTube. Just search "CMMG Conversion Kit" and it'll come up with a ton of videos.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    CMMG makes a great conversion kit. I've never seen them for $95 but it is most likely what your friend had, or close to it. Generally they go for around $140 with one magazine. You may be able to find a better deal if you shop around a little.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/24...ne-22-long-rifle-matte?cm_vc=2546BrandPopProd

I have one of the stainless steel versions and it runs great. It's a little more money but its worth it in my opinion. Stainless steel just makes it so much easier to keep clean.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...-round-magazine-22-long-rifle-stainless-steel

I use mine in a dedicated 22lr suppressed upper I put together for my registered SBR lower.
    IMAG0282.jpg

Theres a ton of videos about them on YouTube. Just search "CMMG Conversion Kit" and it'll come up with a ton of videos.

thank you for letting me shoot few rounds with that toy.. :party29:
    paging crazyal......
    :lol: no kidding.. he would know..

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    thank you for letting me shoot few rounds with that toy.. :party29:

No problem. Happy to let others enjoy it too. But I thought you only shot it with the 9mm upper on it? You left before I slapped the 22lr upper on it. There's always next time and hopefully I'll bring more ammo with me.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    damifinowfish,

If you do a Google search or YouTube search for "AR15 22lr conversion kit" you'll come up with a ton of info on them. There are a few manufacturers that make them. CMMG, Spikes Tactical, and Ciener are the ones I know of.

Hope the info helps. They're a lot of fun and cheap to boot.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I use the CMMG .22lr conversion kit with a lightweight upper, light trigger, and a slidefire stock. Lots of very controllable, inexpensive, fun.

-Jim

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    I bought a used one (Brownell's brand I think) on here with a mag for $80. Haven't taken it to the range yet. This thread reminded me about it and it'll go with me to agc soon!

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Is it "accurate" at 100yds: no. Will it do center of milk jug at 20yds: not always in the center but it'll hit close enough. One could make soda cans dance at a safe distance if they wanted.

Will it shoot Win Red Box all day long for cheap? Hell yes!
    Is it one of my go-tos for new shooters or the occasional "anti-conversion tools"? Absolutely!

Caudizle

Jun 6, 2011
    Calvert County
    Is it "accurate" at 100yds: no. Will it do center of milk jug at 20yds: not always in the center but it'll hit close enough. One could make soda cans dance at a safe distance if they wanted.

Will it shoot Win Red Box all day long for cheap? Hell yes!
    Is it one of my go-tos for new shooters or the occasional "anti-conversion tools"? Absolutely!

Will it do any damage? Say you had a good quality barrel you paid a lot of money for (not that I do). Would it be worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom