• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Howdy,

I put my paperwork in a week ago for an XD9 and I don't expect to see it for another 12 weeks.

So I thought I would get a jump start on the ridiculous wait time and start this thread.

It saddens me to think the posts will start rolling in quickly.

Maybe we'll get lucky and see some postive rulings on earlier releases coming down the pike from Pikesville.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Wow and I was hating the wait on the two 9mm that I ordered last Saturday didn't get them until yesterday 7 whole days. Love C&R

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Has this been confirmed? From what I read, it says that if the dealer releases that they need to notify the MSP. The only reason I see the MSP doing. This is so that those apps can jump to the front of the line in the event they need to be disapproved. This does not release any FFL fom being liable, BUT, a FFL could take this document to court stating that th MSP did not say not to release on day 8, in fact it says they can but they want to know about it.

I wonder if all the applications out there need to be redone so this cover letter can be attached now or if that is able to be faxed in later?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Has this been confirmed? From what I read, it says that if the dealer releases that they need to notify the MSP. The only reason I see the MSP doing. This is so that those apps can jump to the front of the line in the event they need to be disapproved. This does not release any FFL fom being liable, BUT, a FFL could take this document to court stating that th MSP did not say not to release on day 8, in fact it says they can but they want to know about it.

I wonder if all the applications out there need to be redone so this cover letter can be attached now or if that is able to be faxed in later?

FFL has never been liable by law.

MSP has 7 days, by law, to Disapprove. It is up to MSP to get the gun if they Disapprove and it has been released.

NICS allows release after 3 days, as has been posted here, and based on talking to BATF.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

It doesn't say that applications have to be submitted this way to release on the 8th day, only that firearms that ARE released on the 8th day need the form resent, by fax, with the cover letter that it was an 8th day release.

We have received requests for information from dealers regarding the release of Regulated firearms on the 8th day. These are applications in which guns are released prior to receiving a NICS number. Dealers releasing regulated firearms on the 8th day, that are on the fax program, will submit the MSP Copy of the Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm with a notice attached to each application with the following statement, “Eighth day release of a regulated firearm.” It is imperative that the written notice of an “Eighth day release” be attached, not written on the actual application to ensure that we process them correctly.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    It doesn't say that applications have to be submitted this way to release on the 8th day, only that firearms that ARE released on the 8th day need the form resent, by fax, with the cover letter that it was an 8th day release.

You would think the MSP could write something without ambiguity. Nope.

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    Mine was put in the beginning of April I believe. Getting kinda mad. It better be done soon as i Put money down on a AR

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They did not OK the release, they simply ordered FFL's to attach a notice that they were releasing on 8th day.

Who gave them the authority to make up the rules as the go?

This looks really great for them in their defense of the lawsuit BTW, backpedaling and CYA at it's finest. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom