• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm an airline pilot, so you're hitting me kind of close to home. The boxcutters did not crash the airplanes. Those terrorists would have taken the airplanes with screwdrivers, broken bottles, or any other makeshift weapons. The problem is we let terrorists in the country, and then on the airplanes. They knew the people on the airplanes were not armed. The problem was the PEOPLE, not the tools. We need to stop "blaming" inanimate objects like boxcutters, knives and GUNS, and return to dealing with the real problems. A 9 year old boy with a penknife is not really a problem, and not really a criminal.

Careful now, you're using logic and dynamic thinking there. Seriously:

:goodpost:

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Nothing wrong with being "scared straight". Being threatened with suspension and handcuffs is no big deal. I want to Catholic school and was threatened with hell fire and eternal damnation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is one of the reasons why police look bad. When as a kid there is some sort of"infraction", parents, etc... Are quick to tell the kid " I'm going to get the police to arrest you". They have no choice but to think cops are bad. Same goes for the cops who follow this lead. They aren't helping matters.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Good point. It does make the police seem like the evil entity which will snatch the kid from their parents on a whim.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    All I have to say is More kids should get cuffs to "scare them straight".

Since parents are scared right to death ( sissies ) to wear their little heathen asses out with leather belts, paddles, or a good old Oak Tobacco stick these days. Cudos to the cuffs I say, in certain cases, where it should be used.

Even though it may have been an honest mistake I don't feel an honest mistake by a youth of this age should be forced in to cuffs. however, if other kids seen this, then let it ride. Indirectly scaring other kids straight is a plus.

mouzzer

Nov 10, 2012
    Calvert
    I have a certain "affiliation" with the Calvert County school board. I would very much like to know the school that this took place at. If you are comfortable please PM me these details. I am sorry this happen to you and your family. The principal did not handle this situation properly. I would say the in the officers defense though it was little more than a scare tactic. Not an actual threat. Again I am sorry to hear about this incident.

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    I wonder....do they have knives at the cafeteria?

As Barney Fife so succinctly said, "Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!"

...and as Fivepointstar would say, "Cuff 'em Danno" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom