• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    18”. Gun in picture has “W” serial prefix which puts these 1984-1989. Reagan looks down and smiles

IMG_9172.png

870%20WM%2018SYN_2.jpg

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’m not in love with the furniture. I like a wood stock on a Wingmaster. And I like the LE style corncob forends.

Apr 10, 2021
    Looks like a ton of 870s just dropped on SOSS. Magnums and Wingmasters. A few wood, one really nice 18" that's quite tempting. Tons of synthetic stocked, but looks like a lot of the listings are for one firearm and not a batch.

If the $329 wood ones were 18" instead of 20" I'd have one on the way now.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I picked up 870 20ga with the red dot scope. I've been halfway keeping an eye out for one for awhile.

Apr 10, 2021
    Sorry to keep coming back to an old thread - anyone purchased from King's? This police magnum price seems too good to be true...Alphabrew, thoughts?

The fact that the product code is "R3 red dot" makes me wonder if it's a listing error.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sorry to keep coming back to an old thread - anyone purchased from King's? This police magnum price seems too good to be true...Alphabrew, thoughts?

The fact that the product code is "R3 red dot" makes me wonder if it's a listing error.

Look to be in very rough cosmetic shape although probably fine functionally. Price looks fair to me given the condition. Kings is good and has a big presence on Gunbroker, you might want to check their listings there and perhaps pick out the exact gun you would get.

Those guns look to be blued which is not common for Police Mags but the finish is so badly worn that’s not really a plus at this point. Pictured gun has a factory Remington mag extension tube which are getting hard to find. Says 20” which is less desirable IMHO than 18”. I like the wood stocks but again they look abused. Great project guns!

Pictured gun has an A serial prefix which was 1991-1993. I believe PMs came out in 91 so these are early guns.

Kings gunbroker stuff:

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Even if they look rougher, I would get any available (for now) WingMasters over a Police Magnum … nothing slicker than the old WingMasters, imo …

See attached Remington letter which has always lead me to assume the “Police Magnums” (of which I own 3 le trade ins) are just “Express” assembled with more deliberation and a couple upgraded parts …

The Police Magnums linked appear to have parkerized (aka, “Express”) receivers assembled with blued bbls and mag tubes

No matter which one chooses, for these prices every one is a winner and $250 for an old WingMaster, regardless of warts and scratches is just stoopid low!

Attachments

• IMG_5491.png
      IMG_5491.png
      242.4 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Not mine but I’d be happy with this one for the money

IMG_9248.png
    IMG_9247.png
    IMG_9246.png

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Even if they look rougher, I would get any available (for now) WingMasters over a Police Magnum … nothing slicker than the old WingMasters, imo …

See attached Remington letter which has always lead me to assume the “Police Magnums” (of which I own 3 le trade ins) are just “Express” assembled with more deliberation and a couple upgraded parts …

The Police Magnums linked appear to have parkerized (aka, “Express”) receivers assembled with blued bbls and mag tubes

No matter which one chooses, for these prices every one is a winner and $250 for an old WingMaster, regardless of warts and scratches is just stoopid low!
    That letter is from Remington's address in Madison, NC. The 870 police models made there are likely nothing more than "select" Express shotguns that the letter indicates.

The original Police Magnums were definitely better guns. The Remington reps our shop dealt with back then said they were simply Wingmasters, marked Police Magnum. Metal trigger groups with parts cut from bar stock steel. Early ones were blued, later ones had a matte finish. But all were better than quality than the Express.

Heck early Express guns were magnitudes better than later Expresses. All NC guns are lesser than.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom