870 has dimple in mag tube want it gone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Hello,

I bought a 870 with rifle sights off the classifieds (great deal) and want to add an extended magazine tube by Wilson but the tube has a dimple to prevent this. I could drill it out but would rather have it ironed out by a gunsmith.

Anyone you would recommend who does this?

Thanks

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Use a Dremel or Gun Connection in White Marsh can do it.. I used the factory Remington +2 extension which I bought from them.

I don't know if they will do it if you bring your extension with you. I don't take food to a restaurant and ask them to cook it.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Use a Dremel or Gun Connection in White Marsh can do it.. I used the factory Remington +2 extension which I bought from them.

I don't know if they will do it if you bring your extension with you. I don't take food to a restaurant and ask them to cook it.

I understand. I can use the Wilson on my 11-87 in the off season. Which I also bought off the classifieds (GREAT DEAL AS WELL). Funny the 1187 did not have the dimple (but it had several upgrades so maybe he removed it).

Thanks

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I press them out instead of dremmeling or drilling, I found an old stock 10/22 barrel I had laying around that fits perfect(although a socket would work, or a suitable mandrel can be made), just hammer it in the tube to iron the dimples most of the way out, then lay the tube with mandrel inside on a flat non-marring surface(I use a peice of leather on top of my workbench) and lightly hammer it with a plastic faced mallet to finish flattening out the dimples and to loosen up the mandrel to pull it out. It doesn't remove any metal, and the finish even stays intact.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads