• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This is why I've been steadily buying a Garand every year for a while. Didn't this year, but might next year. That Correct Grade I'm sitting on should appreciate nicely.

Isn't that a bit uncomfortable? Or do the correct grades have more padding than the service and field grades? Sitting on a rack grade you are liable to get splinters.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Did I read it right earlier it just takes a hunter's safety certification and a membership in one of the various approved clubs?
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/
    Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:

You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

Current or past military service.
    Current or past law enforcement service
    Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
    Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
    Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
    Concealed Carry License.
    Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.(HQL should work) - FFL or C&R license.
    Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
    Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. Complete the CMP Marksmanship Form to certify your range firing and the required marksmanship related activity for an individual to purchase from the CMP.

No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

My added emphasis in black and red!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Awesome, thanks! Now just time to convince my wife I love her dearly and would be eternally grateful to own a nice mildly blemished piece of history.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Awesome, thanks! Now just time to convince my wife I love her dearly and would be eternally grateful to own a nice mildly blemished piece of history.

Once you find out how easy it is they are like potato chips , bet you can't just have one...:innocent0

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

Attachments

• flipm1.jpg
      flipm1.jpg
      12.9 KB · Views: 361

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    since we have gotten a new president hopefully that last post is out of date....

That is what is currently on the CMP web site, see the link. Hopefully it will change soon but I suspect the acting Secretary of the Army has been busy with other things for the moment and is waiting on Trumps choice to be confirmed by the Senate.
    https://www.armytimes.com/articles/...my-doctor-mark-green-as-secretary-of-the-army

Blame the Democrats for holding up the CMP 1911's.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I wouldn't be getting too excited. The days of the bargain cmp garand are gone. These will probably be in mediocre condition considering the years of humidity they've been subjected to and I doubt the cmp will reduce their prices much if at all. I think the cmp has learned they can get more for their rifles than the $300 some they were getting for those very nice service grade H&Rs they were selling.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Blame the Democrats for holding up the CMP 1911's.

Wasn't John McCain recently trying to slip a clause into a bill that would've turned all the M1911's and a bunch of other surplus rifles into scrap?

I already have plenty of other reasons to hate McCain, but that one's the icing on the cake if it's true. He's no better than a Demonrat in my opinion.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Wasn't John McCain recently trying to slip a clause into a bill that would've turned all the M1911's and a bunch of other surplus rifles into scrap?

I already have plenty of other reasons to hate McCain, but that one's the icing on the cake if it's true. He's no better than a Demonrat in my opinion.

RINO McCain like the other GOP RINO's is nothing better than Democrat Lite.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I don't hold much hope for the condition. Wouldn't b surprise if lots are stripped for parts. I could go for a bare reciever or two though.

this is what im thinking and then maybe i can get a receiver cheap enough to do a BM59 build, if the garands are decent i might buy a few to add with the rest but somehow i think they will be on the rough side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom