• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    All my parts have been ordered and I'm anxiously waiting for assembly time. Special thanks to Bradmacc82 for the guidance and the 40/357 ejector.

No problem, always glad to help someone along when I can.

*Trigger block housing/ejector will be en route Monday morning - I had to open today and couldn't break away from the shop to get that out in today's mail. :o

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    No problem, always glad to help someone along when I can.

*Trigger block housing/ejector will be en route Monday morning - I had to open today and couldn't break away from the shop to get that out in today's mail. :o

No rush, the stuff won't be here until later in the week and I'm going out of town for an extended period so it will get built sometime before summer I hope.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    There you go, that's a good deal and it looks to be in near new condition, it's still got that factory "new Glock" copper colored grease on it. Watch out for some of the lower priced used slides on GB though, some of them in are in pretty terrible condition. Put in a Lone Wolf G23 9mm barrel for $100, or a Storm Lake for a bit more, and stainless recoil spring assembly for under $20 and you are in business.

So who wants to take bets on when Poly80 releases the compact frame in Flat Dark Earth and/or OD Green..?? I'm betting by the summer, and I'd be in for one of those for sure.
    A recent FB post from them said it would be a few months.. summer may be just about right... :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    161 rounds spent. 1 malfunction, failed to cleanly eject a piece of brass, got hung up in the ejection port. If that's the worst I can expect, then I'd say this is a success.

About the time I started getting the rust off my trigger press, I was hitting the end of the ammo supply. But I can say the extended Lone Wolf barrel has definite potential, took a mag or two out to 103 yards - made a few hits, but had to work for them. Seems to be a lollipop type hold at that distance, so I have to get more time in with it.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A recent FB post from them said it would be a few months.. summer may be just about right... :thumbsup:
    Not bad for a trial run!! Curious... how worn is your slide? Is it fairly new still?

Saw some comments in regards to using a new slide/bbl combination and stovepiping on some of the Gen1 receivers.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not bad for a trial run!! Curious... how worn is your slide? Is it fairly new still?

Saw some comments in regards to using a new slide/bbl combination and stovepiping on some of the Gen1 receivers.

My slide is a factory new G31 slide assembly, but with the extended G32 barrel and stainless recoil spring assembly from Lone Wolf.

A little bit of the copper grease, and it's been singing a sweet little tune so far. No stovepipe issues so far. Ejection pattern is slightly unsettled, but I'm willing to chalk that up to being a fresh build and needing more rounds downrange to settle.

Accuracy at 7, 10, 15, 50, and 103 yards has been good so far, although I am admittedly rusty still.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Good question, though I have seen some for a little as about $25, and.... probably not, but it's a personal preference thing in many cases.

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    I just finished my second using a Lone Wolf slide and VDI threaded barrel. At these prices, it pays to build a few more![/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_6508.jpg
      IMG_6508.jpg
      101.4 KB · Views: 251
    • IMG_6507.jpg
      IMG_6507.jpg
      116.4 KB · Views: 284

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    WOW! This price of the full size 80% is collapsing.

I think the writing is on the wall for the full size in it's current configuration. I sincerely hope Poly80 will come out with a new improved full size that incorporates the stainless steel rear rail module. The difference between the new compact and the full size is like night and day, and I honestly wouldn't recommend the full size to anyone the way it is now.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think the writing is on the wall for the full size in it's current configuration. I sincerely hope Poly80 will come out with a new improved full size that incorporates the stainless steel rear rail module. The difference between the new compact and the full size is like night and day, and I honestly wouldn't recommend the full size to anyone the way it is now.

I agree 100%. They really got the G19 version right. I plan on doing a couple more.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I agree 100%. They really got the G19 version right. I plan on doing a couple more.

Absolutely.:thumbsup: I will most likely do another compact, but I'm holding out for the FDE and/or OD Green frames, and from what I'm hearing it shouldn't be all that long of a wait.

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    Another option is to build one now taking advantage of the low price and if/when they issue a revised version you can move your slide to that and put a Mechtech upper on the old one. With the Mechtech the rear guide rails aren't an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpg
      IMG_6513.jpg
      124 KB · Views: 253

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads