• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Lone Wolf makes a spacer to let you run a full size slide on a compact frame.

But the question is the difference in the spacing between the locking lugs on the barrel.

May be worth a call to Lone Wolf tomorrow to see how that'll work, if it will.

Indeed it isn't quite that simple. Need to have a extended length compact barrel to do the long slide/compact frame hybrid, as the spacing on the locking lugs isn't identical.

Oh well, easy remedy.

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Your method of clamping to an angle block would remove most of the flex most likely. I have a mini mill so I don't have a lot of vertical space. But having a bigger milling vice would most likely prevent flex. Hindsight would have been to clamp to a bracket instead of using a vice.

Like I said, you'll most likely spend more time using the "right" tool then going to the hand file. It's shocking how easy it was to build in comparison to the sig p228 and 1911's.
    A 1911 is next on my list... :party29:

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    A 1911 is next on my list... :party29:

I recently finished my 1911 using the Stealth Arms frame and jig. So far have only had a chance to run 50 rounds through it. It didn't skip a beat. Now that I know bullets go in and bullets come out I can work on making it better. First enhancement will be a trigger job.

I saw the 80% Sig frames up at the last York show. I now find myself wanting to build one of those guns. I was surprised that the 80% Sig frame doesn't need the barrel seat cut, just drill two holes and cut the frame rails.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I recently finished my 1911 using the Stealth Arms frame and jig. So far have only had a chance to run 50 rounds through it. It didn't skip a beat. Now that I know bullets go in and bullets come out I can work on making it better. First enhancement will be a trigger job.

I saw the 80% Sig frames up at the last York show. I now find myself wanting to build one of those guns. I was surprised that the 80% Sig frame doesn't need the barrel seat cut, just drill two holes and cut the frame rails.

Sig doesn't have a barrel seat. It uses a locking block that is a separate and removable piece.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Sig doesn't have a barrel seat. It uses a locking block that is a separate and removable piece.

Thanks for the info. Learning is part of the reason for wanting to build one from an 80% frame. I learned quite a bit from building the 1911.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Casper the unfriendly ghost, version 2.0

17211922_10212511528012618_5367407234272882171_o.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Just ripped off half a mag out back, no issues - handles beautifully.

I'm going to run this bitch into the ground. :D
    Excellent! Keep us posted. Mine should be here Tuesday, I'll have it built into a 19 shortly thereafter. We'll see how it does.. :party29:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have to say, if this holds up as well as I'm hoping - then Polymer80 better be able to keep up with demand.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I have to say, if this holds up as well as I'm hoping - then Polymer80 better be able to keep up with demand.

I agree, I think this one is going to become very popular quickly, and I'm hoping that will give Poly80 the incentive and resources to revisit the full size frame and come out with a new improved version, naturally with a steel drop in rear rail module. :thumbsup:

Thinking of getting the slide laser engraved, but I'll hold off until it's seen at least 1k rounds first.

Speaking of Laser engraving, I just got in my stainless Glock 20 slide which I had custom engraved, I must say it turned out real nice and it only cost me $35. I think I may do a black nail polish color fill on it, I've done color fills on a couple of AR lower receivers and they turned out real nice.

Attachments

• DSCF1839.jpg
      DSCF1839.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 284

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thinking of getting the slide laser engraved, but I'll hold off until it's seen at least 1k rounds first.

The extended length G32 barrel and slide adapter in a 31 slide, handles freakin' beautifully - very little muzzle rise and easily controllable.
    You have me convinced I want to do one or two. Might have to come hang out with you so you can supervise me just so I don't mess something up.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I agree, I think this one is going to become very popular quickly, and I'm hoping that will give Poly80 the incentive and resources to revisit the full size frame and come out with a new improved version, naturally with a steel drop in rear rail module. :thumbsup:

If they revise the full-frame to a steel chassis/module, they seriously will have a tough time keeping up with demand - especially if they do a SF-type reduction as well.

You have me convinced I want to do one or two. Might have to come hang out with you so you can supervise me just so I don't mess something up.

Can do. :thumbsup:

These are genuinely easy to finish with the most modest of tools. As long as you're not trying to rip one out in 5 minutes flat, the finished product comes out pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom