• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Just found out from FFL John Zeitz of Damascus- State police posted Release date of 04/02/2024 . Because of Sunday a Holiday - Easter- I'm told.
    We did the 77R and 4473 on Monday 25th of March. 7 days is 1 April. OH My... April Fools Sig P365 XL NRA

Mark Pennak.

@esqappellate

Last edited:

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Monday submission is normally a Tuesday release.
    Easter, or not, unless that Monday is a holiday in which case you're looking at a Wednesday transfer date.

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    If the seventh day of the seven-day waiting period falls on a Sunday or legal holiday, the computation period shall be extended to the next following day, which is neither a Sunday nor a legal holiday. Example: If an application is forwarded on Monday, the seventh day falls on Sunday; therefore the computation period shall be extended to the Monday and the firearm cannot be legally transferred until Tuesday.

Last edited:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I see these statements from time to time about holidays, Mondays, Sundays. It is very rare that I have run into any of these delays. Not saying it doesn’t happen just saying it doesn’t also automatically happen.

Edit : To my point 3 cleared today at 7 days to be picked up on Easter. Have a great Easter !

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    8 days happens routinely , due to weekends.

Does it happen not uncommonly ? Yes

Is there any statutory or regulation authority for them to do so ( other than Day 7 itself falling on Legal Holiday / Sunday ) ? NO

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I see these statements from time to time about holidays, Mondays, Sundays. It is very rare that I have run into any of these delays. Not saying it doesn’t happen just saying it doesn’t also automatically happen.

Edit : To my point 3 cleared today at 7 days to be picked up on Easter. Have a great Easter !

Actually it does automatically happen. If you purchase on a Monday, you'll be picking up on the following Tuesday. If the Monday following the Monday you purchased is a holiday, you'll be picking up on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom