• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    If I am correct does this not stike out G&S

(ii) [has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport 1 a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution 2 against apprehended danger] HAS NOT EXHIBITED ANY CONDUCT THAT INDICATES 3 THE PERSON IS POTENTIALLY A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC IF ISSUED A PERMIT.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    One of those guests was me as I only login when I want to post. I am sure there are quite a few others that don't login unless they want to post.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Ok, where are the restricted places as of now? Have Churches always been off limits?

All I can say is wow.
    TD

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Outside of the federal restricted places, we don't really think there are many MD specific places.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Ok, where are the restricted places as of now? Have Churches always been off limits?

All I can say is wow.
    TD

You would have to dig through COMAR and statute

State law prohibits the carrying of firearms, including long guns, on school property, CR §4-102; Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place, CR § 4-208(a)(3) and (b)(2); in legislative buildings, State Government Article § 2-1702; or on an aircraft engaged in air commerce services, transportation Article § 5-1008. State regulations further bar possession of a firearm in State public buildings and grounds, COMAR 04.05.01.03B; in Chesapeake Forest Lands, COMAR 08.01.07.14B; in State Forests, COMAR 08.07.01.04B; in State Parks, COMAR 08.07.06.04B; in State highway rest areas, COMAR 11.04.07.12; in community adult rehabilitation centers, COMAR 12.02.03.10; and except for small centers located in residences, child care centers, COMAR 13A.16.10.04. In addition, State law permits an innkeeper to deny a room to a person the innkeeper believes to possess firearms. Business Regulations Article § 15-203(a)(6). Finally, State law limits the number of shotguns that a person may have on board a dredge boat. NR § 4-1013(g).

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    You would have to dig through COMAR and statute

Looking at how all of these restricted zones intersect, basically you can carry inside your house, if you have a below ground bathroom, while standing on the comode, and concealing your handgun under your digital-camo NRA ballcap. Otherwise, you're breaking the law ...

Oh, and to do that you'll need to successfully complete a state-run 3 day CCW training course that will be administered at a public restroom located in a rest stop on I70 in Garrett County during the month of January. Fee TBD :rolleyes:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Looking at how all of these restricted zones intersect, basically you can carry inside your house, if you have a below ground bathroom, while standing on the comode, and concealing your handgun under your digital-camo NRA ballcap. Otherwise, you're breaking the law ...

Oh, and to do that you'll need to successfully complete a state-run 3 day CCW training course that will be administered at a public restroom located in a rest stop on I70 in Garrett County during the month of January. Fee TBD :rolleyes:

It does mention "no cost" for training (or something to that effect) However we're going to end up paying for it with tax dollars. I have no problem going to Garrett County in January though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom